• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Deuce Traveler's Canterbury Tales OOC Thread

Deuce Traveler

Adventurer
Theroc, sorry for the confusion. 4d6 six times, drop the lowest die for each stat, and reroll 1s. Create three arrays, pick the best array, and allocate the scores among the six attributes as you see fit. Magic can be fluffed to add to the sense of mystery, though I don't want to eliminate magic spells and effects for the sake of realism. Perhaps a magic missile spell means that the wizard throws a dart from the folds of his sleeve that has the same effect and a fireball is tossed greek fire. If we can't fluff it, like in the case of a sleep spell, we'll just have the magic spell happen occur and roleplay around it.

CanadienneBacon and Salthorae, I would love it if the players' chose to play some of Chaucer's characters, as they can elude to the tales throughout the adventure. However, I am equally open to someone making a new character in the same vein.

ethandrew, I can dig it. Good to see you again. I enjoyed that Ptolus game. Too bad it petered out.

Fenris, that's how I roll. ;)

Theroc

First Post
Alright. I also would like to point out my amusement that while DT said "honor system" everyone went and used "Invisiblecastle". ;):p

I'm really tired right now, so I'll start working on a character concept tomorrow.

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
I could have used my DICE?! I have not rolled them in so long :confused: and here i missed a chance darns it.

EDIT: Might be easier to be a Sorcerer then less spells to worry about and no spellbook so will change stats around alittle if it's ok DT

HM

Last edited:

Dragonwriter

First Post
Okay, I'm thinking I'd like to do a Shadowcaster (from Tome of Magic). If possible, could you take a look at these class "fixes" proposed by the original designer? They give the class a little boost in power. If you don't want to use them, that's okay with me, I just wanted to check.

Anyways, here are my stat sets:
1st: 13, 16, 13, 13, 12, 9.
2nd: 11, 12, 8, 14, 14, 12.
3rd: 8, 11, 16, 13, 11, 14

Blech :(... Could I get re-rolls?

I can try working on something, but those sets are just poor... And with stats so low, they nix my Shadowcaster (no fun being ineffective)... Maybe a plain old Fighter or something will be what I go with...

Theroc

First Post
Last edited:

Deuce Traveler

Adventurer
Sorry. No taking back rolls. Not unless all 3 arrays are horrible. But my games are not as action packed as most and more often than not they have both violent and non-violent solutions.

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
Jusst got a copy of The Canterbury Tales, will read soon. I was thinking sorcerer/scientist today i thought a character like Johny Depps in Sleepy Hollow.

He would have a scientific explanation for most of his "spells" as I wouldn't take anything to crazy, stuff like Comprehend Languages, Expeditious Retreat, and maybe Shocking Grasp for lvl 1 types

But seems alot of casters here maybe will go another route

HM

Remove ads