• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Deuce Traveler's Last Stand of the Dorinthians

Land Outcast

Explorer
BRUTAL THROW
You have learned how to hurl weapons to deadly effect
Benefit: You can add your Strength modifier (instead of your Dexterity modifier) to attack rolls with thrown weapons.

Mainly a thing coming from him more than once having thrown weapons... It just ringed well, given that I couldn't make my mind about a 1st level feat before.

Land Outcast

Explorer
HUm... looking at the future, what is your opinion about feat retraining? (from PHII)

Basically you can swap a feat you adquired for a feat for which you qualified at the time you took the feat being swapped (say, you couldn't swap a feat you got at level 1 for Leadership (requires Level 6)).

note: if you swap out Weapon Focus (Dagger) for Alertness, and have Weapon Specialization (Dagger) you no longer get the benefits from WS because you no longer meet the prerequisites.

Just thinking...

edit: hope I'm not being a pest :\

Last edited:

Deuce Traveler

Adventurer
No, you're not being a pest. I hate retraining as stated in the PHBII because I feel they make it too easy. That being said, I don't have any problem with making small changes to a character within the first couple of levels, because I think you are still forming what you want your character to be.

I would say that for now, I support minor 'freebie' adjustments to your characters until you hit start your first 3rd level adventure as long as you clear it with me first. After that you may retrain feats or skills, but I'll make it more difficult to do so then the PHB II currently has it.

Also, I've been experimenting with merging some of the skills, so expect me to post my thoughts on this before chapter 3. If everyone approves of the skill adjustments, they'll be able to edit their character sheets to also reflect those changes.

Do you want to switch out a feat now?

Land Outcast

Explorer
No, no... just, as I said, thinking to future...

you know, maybe I end up wanting to go Dodge->Mobility or something the like, so, instead of having to get to 3rd level for Dodge and to 6th level for Mobility, I'd just swap out my level one feat for dodge and then get Mobility at level three.

That's an example.

Mostly because of last I've had some serious blankness of mind with respect to feat selection. You see, if from what you see of Alexander you can think of a feat which would fit him, feel free to suggest it.

Deuce Traveler

Adventurer
Gotcha. The feat switching can be done, but you would have to spend some time with a strict teacher who would make you unlearn your "bad habits" and then take on a new feat. It also may cost some more, depending on the available free time and experience level of the teacher.

Ex: "No Alexander! No! Everytime you move away, I can see that hand come up looking to throw your blade! Stop thinking about attacking and start thinking of getting out of the way, darnit! Now get back on the balance beam while I reload the potato gun."

Fenris

Adventurer
Deuce Traveler said:
Ex: "No Alexander! No! Everytime you move away, I can see that hand come up looking to throw your blade! Stop thinking about attacking and start thinking of getting out of the way, darnit! Now get back on the balance beam while I reload the potato gun."

Sounds like my fencing coach :]

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads