Deuce Traveler's Last Stand of the Dorinthians

Deuce Traveler

Adventurer
Good to see you back, OnlytheStrong! We are wrapping this adventure up soon after some roleplaying to set-up the finale. Let me know if you want back in for it.

Fenris

Adventurer
[sblock=Deuce Traveller]
My apologies DT for dissappearing. Life has been hard of late. My video card died, then my wifes car died, and we had to replace it, then a health issue came up for my son that requires surgery. So it's been a hectic few weeks, But my computer is fixed, we have a new car and the surgery is scheduled, so hopefully barring more chaos I should be back.

Come on, do you think I'd miss the end after sitting through everything else? :lol:

But again, my apologies.
[/sblock]

Kobold Stew

Last Guy in the Airlock
Supporter
Deuce Traveller, and fellow Dorinthians,

I'm so pleased to see that this game is continuing, and thriving, after all this time. I was one of the original players (Danica Swann, human sorcerer; first post in this thread, #10), and I was sorry I had to drop out when I did. I'm back on ENWorld again these days, and regret not having been a part of these adventures. But good on you for keeping it going so long. It is not an insignificant feat, and DT and the rest of you deserve great congratulations for persisting with the adventures despite many RL ups and downs.

Well done.

Kobold Stew.

Deuce Traveler

Adventurer
Kobold Stew,

You're welcome to dust off Danica for the finale if you are interested. I am going to do one large post tomorrow and then we'll probably be finishing this up by the end of October/ early November.

Fenris,

Life happens. Good to have you back and your family's recovery is in my prayers.

GlassEye

Adventurer
I'm glad to have you back, Fenris. I confess, I read your note above and I'm sorry to hear things haven't been going well for you lately. You and your family are in my thoughts, too.

Deuce Traveler

Adventurer
I'm ending this campaign in about 2-3 posts. I plan to do a long post, have some dialogue, and then another long post. The first large post will deal with how Silas and Dartis calmed both sides and stopped the battle before the casualties grew too high once the dialogue with Varrel ends. The second large post will deal with what the PCs and NPCs did after the campaign (such as retire, rule the survivors, make a school, etc.).

So what I need now is just this: if Varrel stands down, or if you fight Varrel and remove the power of the crystal, how do you plan to get the allies and the elves to stop fighting?

Fenris

Adventurer
So what I need now is just this: if Varrel stands down, or if you fight Varrel and remove the power of the crystal, how do you plan to get the allies and the elves to stop fighting?

Well, that's a tall order now isn't it. Once we get the cure, Dartis may have Silas cast Protection from Arrows (of he still has it) on him, and/or Dartis will activate his shield for both arrow catching and the Cha boost and head back out to a balcony if the tower has one if not, he will rush out (in full defense) to find the leaders, human, he will find Sassarius, and Cal, and Kyle. And Bermax and Phly, if he can find them, he can stop the fighting from their side. He will call out the cure is here, the cure is here, cease fighting, cese Fighting. Call=ing out name and title if need be Ordering the men to stand down and tell them the cure is here. We'll need to get the elves to stop, but once the men stop fighting and retreat a bit, Dartis will try to treat with them and explain things.

The goal will be to stop the fight then explain things, with NO blame. Dartis will emphasize that the orcs of the north still are a threat to dward, gnome, elf and Dorinthian alike. And they need to be united as one to face them.

To the Tallione, Dartis will be less cordial, but will warmly thank Commander Sassarius, and remind him that his homeland is in dire need of protection. Dartis will try to get a pledge for the Tallione to relinquish the cliam to all Dorinthian land, they will have a hard enough time holding onto Tallione land anyway.

But yes, Dartis is going to throw himself in front of the speeding train. (I had a flashback to Gandalf at the battle of the 5 armies). So Glass, whatever protections you can muster would be good for this martyr. :)

GlassEye

Adventurer
I have been mulling over your question for the past day, Deuce, and pretty much have been thinking the same as Fenris has posted: get to the leaders and get them to withdraw enough to begin negotiations. Silas will support Dartis and his plan using his spells and anything else within his power.

Hopefully Varrel and Celeste, if she still lives, or maybe Silas Generwine or Kel can get the elves to stand down.

Note: Silas does have Protections from Arrows & Chaos still available.

Remove ads