• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Devastating Critical and Massive Damage

Would the Fort DC for devastating critical and massive damage stack or would you have to make 2 fort saves?

I was wondring because i my friend wanted to be make a 25th level character for a campaign he wts to do. My character would do 2d8+50+1d6 on a critical hit, he has the devastating critical feat for the weapon and his weapon is a tentacle weapon soif DC's stack it's 15 MD + 21 T + 33 DeC which totals a Fort DC of 69 and if not they would have to make 3 fort saves.

Runestar

First Post
They would be tracked separately. So he has to make a dc15 fort save vs massive damage, and whatever save your devastating crit is pegged at.

Jacob

Explorer
Separate rolls for each facet alright. Just like poison/disease DCs don't get meddled with if you're hit with multiple strikes giving you them. You may have been bitten 17 times by that viper, but it's not one giant save. That's 34 saves: 17 immediately, and 17 ten rounds later. Enjoy the rolling! :D

And I'm curious to know what you will be facing with such a beast. Tentacle weapon? What? :cool:

Runestar

First Post
And I'm curious to know what you will be facing with such a beast. Tentacle weapon? What? :cool:

It's a weapon property in Underdark. On a crit, the weapon extracts the enemy's brain, killing him unless he makes a fort21 save. Certain creature types are immune. Essentially a vorpal variant. :)

Jacob

Explorer
It's a weapon property in Underdark. On a crit, the weapon extracts the enemy's brain, killing him unless he makes a fort21 save. Certain creature types are immune. Essentially a vorpal variant. :)
From the limited info I got from Internets, it's a weapon that can be created by the Mind Flayers, yes? On how this was aquisitioned, I must know. Or is it simply being bought and used for a 25th level start up PC?

Whatever the case, not necessarily a Vorpal weapon. Possibly a cheaper means to go about killing someone with a weapon, but it involves a third roll on the enemy's part (Vorpal 2, being the crit confirmation). Should they have a high Fort save, death may only come about with a Nat 1. Still, I like this weapon quality. Rough!

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads