• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Dex Bonus to Damage?

Aleolus

First Post
Sound of Azure said:
Heck, I'd just add Weapon Focus to the requirements.

Well, then, how about this?

Superior Finesse
Prerequresites: Dex 13+, Int 13+, Combat Expertise, Weapon Finesse, Weapon Focus (any applicable for Weapon Finesse)
Effect: Pick one weapon for which you posses the Weapon Focus feat and for which the Weapon Finesse feat applies. You may add your Dex bonus to damage instead of your Str when using this weapon.

geosapient

First Post
Sabathius42 said:
If I were a fighter/barbarian I would gladly let the GM houserule adding a feat that adds DEX bonus to damage....then I would ask for this feat...

Rock Hard Abs [General, Fighter]

Your amazing physique is so stoutly crafted that it can ward off blows that would hurt a normal character of your race.

Prerequisite: STR 13

Benefit: You gain a beefcake bonus to your natural armor equal to your STR modifier.

I think thats a fair tradeoff!

DS

The OP wanted something that allowed dex bonus to damage in lieu of strength to damage not in addition to. If you wanted to drop the bonus to AC that you get from dex so that you could add the strength bonus instead I'd have no problem with it (although strength is more important an attribute to begin with).

kayn99

First Post
I was just reading the Champion of C.L. 2 Races o' Wild, and I notice that they get strength and Dexterity to damage; it is not just Dex. Although this is against opponents that can only be critical damage too, but that is very powerful. Is there any other classes that allow two stats to adjust on bonus?

Kayn

cignus_pfaccari

First Post
kayn99 said:
I was just reading the Champion of C.L. 2 Races o' Wild, and I notice that they get strength and Dexterity to damage; it is not just Dex. Although this is against opponents that can only be critical damage too, but that is very powerful. Is there any other classes that allow two stats to adjust on bonus?

It's powerful, yes. But it doesn't add an excessive amount of damage, and it's a pain in the butt to get to, so it's probably balanced. None of my group's ever been tempted to take it, not even the super-powergamer/DM.

Note that Swashbuckler adds Int to damage, as well as Str.

We did notice that one could, theoretically, make a Swashbuckler/Champion of Corellon, but in practice it didn't work out very well, between the large number of feats required and the enormous MAD requirement. Especially now that PHB 2's out, you could get as much damage out of a fighter without the effort.

Brad

JiffyPopTart

Bree-Yark
geosapient said:
The OP wanted something that allowed dex bonus to damage in lieu of strength to damage not in addition to. If you wanted to drop the bonus to AC that you get from dex so that you could add the strength bonus instead I'd have no problem with it (although strength is more important an attribute to begin with).

If that ever became an option....it would be taken more often than power attack and DEX would become a dump-stat for melee fighter-types.

DS

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads