di Senzio's Tournement: Red Dragon Place [El Jefe judging]

Verbatim

Explorer
"So what was it that brought you here? And who was this angry that you arrived?"

Although Cyrus was not willing to accept all of her story yet, he had to admit that if she had a room here at the Inn perhaps there was more to her story than he first thought.

Animus

Explorer
Nirrassa of Clan Swiftclaw

"I came herre to see the worrld," she says. "I am from the kanatisis region, where my people are plentiful. When I arrvied herre, the tourrnament wass about to starrt, so I joined forr the arrcherry contesst. Someone offerred a bribe to me, but I refussed. So I was attacked."

Verbatim

Explorer
Looking down at the smaller figure, Cyrus wondered if there was more to the attack than just a simple archery contest.

"I have seen men lose their lives, hands, and other things of value over cheating at games of chance, but I must admit that I have never seen someone lose their sight over their skill with a bow. Were you truly that great of a threat to those others competing?"

Animus

Explorer

Verbatim said:
Looking down at the smaller figure, Cyrus wondered if there was more to the attack than just a simple archery contest.

"I have seen men lose their lives, hands, and other things of value over cheating at games of chance, but I must admit that I have never seen someone lose their sight over their skill with a bow. Were you truly that great of a threat to those others competing?"

"I placed second."

Verbatim

Explorer
"Second place hardly seems too high for anyone to place. Even a man who has never touched cards before can best the most skilled player if Mongrel smiles his way..."

Looking around the small room, Cyrus tried to see anything that would allow him to see more of who the blind archer was.

"Do you plan to remain in the city? Or will you seek passage back to your people?"

Verbatim

Explorer
Animus said:
"I plan on staying," she says. "I am herre to find my purpose from the Mother Cat."

Nodding his head, forgetting for a moment she couldn't see the action, Cyrus finished his quick exam and looked back to her.

"I would advise staying away from the Upper Districts and from Guardsman Benedict. While he will not do anything on his own to cause you trouble, it is best to not give him reason to look the other way if those that did this to you come back to finish the job."

Animus

Explorer

"I don't plan on going back there," she says. "Besides, I need to figure out how to get my sight back."

Verbatim

Explorer
~If I was stronger...~

Cyrus looked down for a moment as the realization that his ability to call upon Mongrel's blessings was not strong enough to do the thing that she wished.

~Mine may not be, but there are others who could...~

"The damage done to your eyes is extensive. The donations most churches would ask for to heal your sight will not be a small amount. How do you plan on supporting yourself and this cause? You see how they treat those they suspect of begging, at least begging in that area."

Animus

Explorer

"I plan on appealing to the merrcy of the church, perhaps to work my debt off," she says. "It is the only way I can pay right now."

Remove ads