• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Did you know pop ups

Michael Morris said:
Guys, they're not even turned on by default!! You have to intentionally turn them on. If you figured out how to turn the things on you can figure out how to turn them off by yourself. :mad:

I never turned the damn things on, and I sometimes read the site without logging in. When I'm not logged in, I get the popups. If I'm not logged in, I can't turn them off, therefor, I DID NOT turn them on myself. Get rid of them. They do nothing but piss people off.

Of all websites that I visit, this is the LAST place I thought that I'd see a pop up window. It's a mistake to have them here. Period.

Last edited:

The pop ups are extremely annoying. If you do keep them, could you make them pop-under ads and could you reduce the size.
I often surf the forums while I'm not logged in (while I'm at work) and they are not at all useful when the boss walks by me! :)

<RANT>I took me over a minute to find the option to turn them off because they're called "tips" in the options screen instead "BLOODY ANNOYING POPUPS".</RANT>

Perhaps this was not a good idea.

Piratecat

Sesquipedalian
They'll be gone asap. A good idea, maybe, but I don't think this is ever going to be the place for pop-ups.

Thanks for giving us your feedback, everyone. Even negative feedback is good if it's constructive. :)

Michael Morris

First Post
Cthulhu's Librarian said:
I never turned the damn things on, and I sometimes read the site without logging in. When I'm not logged in, I get the popups. If I'm not logged in, I can't turn them off, therefor, I DID NOT turn them on myself. Get rid of them. They do nothing but piss people off.

Of all websites that I visit, this is the LAST place I thought that I'd see a pop up window. It's a mistake to have them here. Period.

If they're showing up in that even then there is a script glitch. Hmm (Not occuring at Wotc - what's the difference :lightbulb: (_8(0) DOHH!!!!! )

Michael Morris

First Post
There was an error in the script setup because apparently RC4 and 3.0.3 handle the $bbuserinfo variable differently.

It was never my intention to cause the thing to launch constantly. It should be behaving properly now -which means

#1) If you aren't logged in, it will not launch
#2) If you are logged in, it defaults to putting the tip in the body of the page, not in a pop-up.

If anyone else sees an unwanted pop-up then there's still a logic error lingering around. Let me know and I'll look into it.

Sorry for the inconvenience.

tjoneslo

First Post
If you are so enamored of these pop-up (mine were turned on by default :( ) , leave them setup and see how many people turn them on (or leave them on).

Michael Morris

First Post
They were never turned on by default. There was an error in the script. It should be fixed now. If it isn't, let me know.

Either way, lose the attitude plz. Thx.

Remove ads