• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Dinosaurs from A to Z

Knightfall

World of Kulan DM
Microvenator
microvenator.jpg

Artist: Ville Sinkkonen

Ornitholestes
ornitholestes.jpg

Artist: Ahn Gil Taek

"Boneheads"
Two Pachycephalosaurus wyomingensis fight for territory.
pachycephalosaurus.jpg

Artist: Felipe A. Elias

Knightfall

World of Kulan DM
dante58701 said:
Kronosaur...Kronosaur...Kronosaur...Kronosaur!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
How's This?

Kronosaurus Queenslandicus
Gargantuan Animal (Aquatic)
Hit Dice: 16d8+120 (192 hp)
Initiative: +2 (Dex)
Speed: Swim 60 ft. (12 squares)
AC: 19 (-4 size, +2 Dex, +11 natural), touch 8, flat-footed 17
Base Attack/Grapple: +9/+33
Attack: Bite +22 melee (3d6+18)
Full Attack: Bite +22 melee (3d6+18)
Space/Reach: 20 ft. / 15 ft.
Special Attacks: Improved grab, swallow whole
Special Qualities: Low-light vision, scent
Saves: Fort +17, Ref +12, Will +6
Abilities: Str 34 (+12), Dex 14 (+2), Con 25 (+7), Int 2 (-4), Wis 13 (+1), Cha 9 (-1)
Skills: Hide -4, Listen +7, Spot +7, Swim +14
Feats: Alertness, Dodge, Mobility, Toughness (2), Weapon Focus (bite)

Environment: Warm aquatic
Organization: Solitary or pair
Challenge Rating: 9
Treasure: None
Alignment: Always neutral
Advancement: 17-23 HD (Gargantuan), 24-30 HD (Colossal)

Skills: Kronosaurus Queenslandicus has a +8 racial bonus to Swim checks.

Dimensions
Length: 42 feet

Background
Kronosaurus queenslandicus was probably the largest marine reptile that ever lived. It was a plesiosaur, a meat-eating marine reptile. It was a member of the Family Dolichorhynchopidae and lived during the early Cretaceous period. Its name Kronosaurus means "Krono's lizard". Kronos (Chronos) was the Greek god of time, who ate his own children. Kronosaurus queenslandicus was a highly maneuverable swimmer, that existed in Australia. Kronosaurus queenslandicus was among the most powerful and ferocious predators of the sea; it was an effective predator on many other marine reptiles, turtles, large fish, ammonites etc. This reptilian carnivore lived in the open oceans, but it had to swim to surface regularly because it was an air breathing animal. Kronosaurus queenslandicus was a short-necked plesiosaur with four long flippers, short neck and a pointed tail. It had a huge head (up to 9 ft/2.7 m long), about one-quarter of the total length of its body. It had very strong jaws and rounded teeth (the size of bananas) at the back of the jaws which could crush shells. Kronosaurus queenslandicus is known from many specimens.

kronosaurus.jpg

Artist: Josef Moravec

Siberys

Adventurer
While it's not technically a dinosaur, I LOVE tanystropheous. If that could be statted, I'd be so grateful.

Ironically, it was statted in the 1st edition MM...

cheers,
Siberys

Knightfall

World of Kulan DM
Siberys said:
While it's not technically a dinosaur, I LOVE tanystropheous. If that could be statted, I'd be so grateful.

Ironically, it was statted in the 1st edition MM...

cheers,
Siberys
Well, that's not a creature I'm familiar with, so if someone can post its 1E MM stats here then I'll see what I can come up with. - KF72

Last edited:

Siberys

Adventurer
First, it was the MMII from first edition. sorry :eek:

Second, here's a picture;
tanystropheus_closeup.jpg

And a wiki article;
Wiki

Do a quick google search, and you'll come up with planty of stuff on 'em. Thanks!

Cheers,
Siberys

BOZ

Creature Cataloguer
Knightfall1972 said:
Well, that's not a creature I'm familiar with, so if someone can post its 1E MM stats here then I'll see what I can come up with. - KF72

i'll see if i can hook you up with that. :)

Remove ads