• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Diplomatic Immunity: Almost Ready Maybe?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rystil Arden

First Post
I might have picked a class without your "permission"

I did say up front, before any of this started, that anyone other than a Dolathi who wanted to take a class that wasn't from their starting world needed my approval and a good in-character explanation. I can try to find if you like.

Rystil Arden

First Post
Your not compassion about its, its like oh well that doesn’t work. Lets look at it from a different angle.

I'm sorry, but when one particular angle doesn't work, the best I can offer is to take a few different angles and hope that you find something you like among them.

Bront

The man with the probe
Bront said:
Yup :) Or have them cast at me :confused:

Arunder Valaski I hope that's a good Altanan name. If not, I'll fix it.

I assumed normal human stuff like eyes, skin, age, ect.

I need to finish him still, add a bit of background, or at least flesh it out, but he's good enough. Probably need to fix his weapons stuff. (He's not my 8th level Dread Pirate).

Basicly, if there's an Altanan navy, I could see him entering it, but he's a bit undiciplined and makes too many quick bad decisions, so he tends to get assigned where he can do the "least" ammount of damage, like a diplomatic meating of some kind. He's got enough skills to know how to do things like Pilot a Spelljamer ship, but he's not a good "Spelljammer" sailor due to his lack of the Profession skill (He had trouble learning that part).

That's the brief upshot, I'll flesh it out a bit more later, if that's ok. And if his crunch is ok beyond simple stuff like weapons, AC, and Saves (which will have to be changed soon anyway), I'll stick him in the RG.
Rystil, does the above background work? Basicly, is there an Altanan Spelljamming Navy of some kind (or perhaps any spelljamming navy) that this would fit well with?

Brother Shatterstone

Dark Moderator of PbP
Rystil Arden said:
I'm sorry, but when one particular angle doesn't work, the best I can offer is to take a few different angles and hope that you find something you like among them.

Well that's not what I really meant but I guess it’s what I did say.. :heh:

In the case of the hybrid it took about two or three hours of this to make it so you would allow the Martial Arts class. I don’t know the world as well as you but you and I did finally come to a storyline that we both liked…

I just don’t see why it takes so long for us to make something work… It doesn’t seem like it takes so long with others… :\

I don’t think its totally my fault, but I will shoulder the blame since the PM I got suggested it was all my fault. :\

Anyhow, I cannot fathom how you would want me in anymore of your games so if you wish me to I will wave my alternate status for them and if you wish me to stay. I'll stay and I will start tomorrow by giving thought to new concepts.

Rystil Arden

First Post
Bront said:
Rystil, does the above background work? Basicly, is there an Altanan Spelljamming Navy of some kind (or perhaps any spelljamming navy) that this would fit well with?
There actually is not a Spelljamming Navy anywhere except Praetorianus because Praetorianus is the only multi-world empire of the bunch, and the worlds are currently at peace, so anyone who amassed a navy would be seen as making a needlessly aggressive act--after all, why would they need a Spelljamming navy unless they planned to attack people from the other worlds. The Altanians do have Skyship fleets, which are fairly similar in nature, however, but don't have Spelljamming capabilities.

Brother Shatterstone

Dark Moderator of PbP
Rystil Arden said:
so anyone who amassed a navy would be seen as making a needlessly aggressive act--after all, why would they need a Spelljamming navy unless they planned to attack people from the other worlds.
Actually most navies are made to protect shipping and/or other sources of monetary value. :) (Sorry Real Word tidbit... not trying to be smart at all)

Rystil Arden

First Post
In the case of the hybrid it took about two or three hours of this to make it so you would allow the Martial Arts class. I don’t know the world as well as you but you and I did finally come to a storyline that we both liked…

Basically, it came down to my offering suggestion after suggestion until eventually you found one you liked. It took a large number before you found one you liked, and I'll admit I started slowing down when my initial ideas were rejected, and that's why it took a while.

Anyhow, I cannot fathom how you would want me in anymore of your games so if you wish me to I will wave my alternate status for them and if you wish me to stay. I'll stay and I will start tomorrow by giving thought to new concepts.

I'm going to ask my players on this one. Personally, I think you have a lot of good ideas, but you need to be more flexible.

Rystil Arden

First Post
Brother Shatterstone said:
Actually most navies are made to protect shipping and/or other sources of monetary value. :) (Sorry Real Word tidbit... not trying to be smart at all)
No, I agree with you completely on this, but the fact is that interstellar shipping is a very very small cash source for any of these worlds (Except Eldiz) and therefore building and maintaining a Spelljamming fleet to protect it would be silly in terms of the costs--so therefore, they must have another reason if they build one.

Rystil Arden

First Post
Hey guys, could everyone drop me an e-mail about the current situation? (see post 168) You can use %RystilArden%@hotmail.com or %RystilArden%@gmail.com , without the %%s of course :)

EDIT: This isn't needed... I'll leave the games.

BS

Status
Not open for further replies.
Remove ads