• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Diplomatic Immunity: Almost Ready Maybe?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Keia

I aim to misbehave
Brother Shatterstone said:
The only reason we are talking about this again is you brought up the particulars in public. At which point I wanted my side seen.)
Ummm. . . . I think you threw the first stone with your . . .

True enough and fun concepts that pass RA’s judgment seem to be pretty rare… ;)

...comment last night - forcing Rystil to speak with you on it.

Keia

Rystil Arden

First Post
Yup, I would agree... It’s a shame too.
It is indeed a shame, but it is to be expected when you pick something atypical on purpose--there will sometimes be a good reason as to why it is atypical. I would suggest that even if you aren't playing in my Spelljamming setting you should always work things out with the GM if you want to play something very atypical.

Brother Shatterstone

Dark Moderator of PbP
Bront said:
The problem is not simply race, but culture. I've actualy broken the sterio types twice, and I simply had to include it in the background as to why.

Oh, I've done that before also...

Bront said:
Basicly, if you're creative and flexable with the concept, you can get around a lot of the social and racial restrictions Rystil has, as many of them are "A typical xxxx class is played by yyy race from place zzzz on planet wwww." which means that there are A-typical people as well.

I agree and I have done this also...

Bront said:
Anyway, please, both of you, there's no need to fight.

Fighting? There has been on fighting...

Bront said:
BS, if you have your heart set on a concept, then work on making it work. If there are cultural issues, maybe you need to rethink it a bit, but you can make it work by flexing the concept a bit. I know you have plenty of good concepts, so don't get discouraged when one thing doesn't go quite how you wanted it to.

Ah, nothing has gone my way of late. :\ If I hadn't gone back to characters from before my trip we would still be looking at a character's for plauge. :(

Bront

The man with the probe
Fine my "Amazon" will be a monk then. :)
Actualy, an Amazon with a Monk's Belt works quite well. All you are loosing is the ability to advance in unarmed damage or monk AC instead. Or perhaps you could have picked up a level or two in Martial Artist from a wandering master visiting Amarathia and go multi-class Amazon/Martial Artist. (Monks Belt is still usefull for this concept).

Just a thought :)

Brother Shatterstone

Dark Moderator of PbP
Keia said:
Ummm. . . . I think you threw the first stone with your . . .

Actually that comment was from today. :) and you’re using it out of context. (The only reason why we are talking about the Monkey Grip and Greatsword is because he brought it up in the OOC thread.)

Keia said:
...comment last night - forcing Rystil to speak with you on it.

but I still stand by my deduction. :) (RA doesn't like it when you stray and his hands aren't knee deep in helping make your character.)

Rystil Arden

First Post
(RA doesn't like it when you stray and his hands aren't knee deep in helping make your character.)

RA doesn't care either way--in fact, I would be happy if I didn't need to spend all my time in character creation--trust me. However, regardless as to my personal feelings, the fact is that you are more likely to stray successfully without breaking something if you have me helping. This is more due to my lack of full setting material than anything else, and it isn't your fault, but its the way it is.

Brother Shatterstone

Dark Moderator of PbP
Rystil Arden said:
It is indeed a shame, but it is to be expected when you pick something atypical on purpose--there will sometimes be a good reason as to why it is atypical.

At what point did this happen RA? Really? I might have picked a class without your "permission" or a feat but I've certainly involved you in every character. Not once have you been surprised with I've shown mechanics off.

As for picking something atypical just to pick something atypical... Except for the Hybrid, which you certainly knew about, nothing else was meant to be atypical. Though I will admit I wanted something special. I want every character of mine to be speical. Its no fun just playing a fighter, nor would it be fun just playing a siren.

Rystil Arden said:
I would suggest that even if you aren't playing in my Spelljamming setting you should always work things out with the GM if you want to play something very atypical.

I've done that here, I've always done in the pass, and I will do it in the future... :)

Bront

The man with the probe
Fighting? There has been on fighting...
It certaintly seems like it. I think it's getting a bore more emotionaly charged than it needs to be as well. It's ultimately a game. The point is to have fun.

I think it's best that we just drop the discussion and concentrate on making a fun character. It is possable. (Hey, I had to finagle things a bit because I wanted the Run feat. The RUN feat, just because it fit the concept.)

Brother Shatterstone

Dark Moderator of PbP
Rystil Arden said:
This is more due to my lack of full setting material than anything else, and it isn't your fault, but its the way it is.

Yes, but you seem to have issues when some deviates. Your not compassion about its, its like oh well that doesn’t work. Lets look at it from a different angle.

and I've offered my help in any way shape or for to get you a full setting for this... I'm still offering.

Brother Shatterstone

Dark Moderator of PbP
Bront said:
It certaintly seems like it. I think it's getting a bore more emotionaly charged than it needs to be as well. It's ultimately a game. The point is to have fun.

Not on my side of things...

Bront said:
I think it's best that we just drop the discussion and concentrate on making a fun character. It is possable. (Hey, I had to finagle things a bit because I wanted the Run feat. The RUN feat, just because it fit the concept.)

I've taken worse feats than run before... As for dropping the discussion. I'm off to eat so I guess you get a break from it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads