Diplomatic Immunity: Almost Ready Maybe?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brother Shatterstone

Dark Moderator of PbP
Rystil Arden said:
That does mean that we will be more likely to be able to include you as second alternate though :).

Cool, I'm working on a concept as we speak. :)

A couple of things:

1) I wouldn't mind seeing that Rainforest/Palm Tree nymph we talked about… :)

2) I think I will also like to see the Votress since the Amazon doesn’t allow me to do exactly what I would like to do. :)

Rystil Arden

First Post
Brother Shatterstone said:
Cool, I'm working on a concept as we speak. :)

A couple of things:

1) I wouldn't mind seeing that Rainforest/Palm Tree nymph we talked about… :)

2) I think I will also like to see the Votress since the Amazon doesn’t allow me to do exactly what I would like to do. :)
Votresses are a very Seelie class, so I would suggest that they would not be the best choice for a rebel diplomat--Runemaiden would probably be better if she's Vaelysh.

Brother Shatterstone

Dark Moderator of PbP
Rystil Arden said:
Votresses are a very Seelie class, so I would suggest that they would not be the best choice for a rebel diplomat--Runemaiden would probably be better if she's Vaelysh.

I've not seen anything in your notes that says this. I would like to see the class. :) (If it’s in no way possible for this to happen then you should update your notes.)

Rystil Arden

First Post
I've not seen anything in your notes that says this. I would like to see the class. :) (If it’s in no way possible for this to happen then you should update your notes.)
Its a very Seelie class in the same way that Amazon is a very Conacian class, though you would see Vaelysh Votresses occassionally, but not Conacian ones. This is due to the fact that Votresses disdain weapons and absolutely refuse to use them at any time, while Conacians prize skill with their favourite weapons very highly.

Bront

The man with the probe
Rystil Arden said:
I want to see the Runemaiden :)

Brother Shatterstone

Dark Moderator of PbP
Rystil Arden said:
Its a very Seelie class in the same way that Amazon is a very Conacian class, though you would see Vaelysh Votresses occassionally, but not Conacian ones. This is due to the fact that Votresses disdain weapons and absolutely refuse to use them at any time, while Conacians prize skill with their favourite weapons very highly.

Very intresting but I'm seeing this:

Rystil Arden said:
Amaranthia[Amaranthian] (Seelyne[Seelie]): Mystical fey realm populated solely by females
Races- Sidhe, Nymph[Naiad, Dryad, etc]
Classes- Siren, Amazon, Runemaiden. Swanmay, Votress, Enchantress, Nymph

So what classes can a Conacian nymph take?

Rystil Arden

First Post
Very intresting but I'm seeing this:

Hmm...How does my post that lists the Amaranthian races and classes bear on the matter?

As for a Conacian Nymph, she wouldn't be a Votress, due to their disdain of weapons, or an Enchantress, due to that class being populated by Sidhe. Amazon is, of course, most likely, though all the other ones are certainly there too. Vaelyne is a bit different, of course. Keep in mind that Conacia is a bunch of jungle tribes, so it would be rather difficult to represent it in its entirity.

Brother Shatterstone

Dark Moderator of PbP
Rystil Arden said:
Hmm...How does my post that lists the Amaranthian races and classes bear on the matter?

I would imagine that the above list is the list of the playable classes for someone/anyone from the planet Amaranthia. Now:
Rystil Arden said:
As for a Conacian Nymph, she wouldn't be a Votress, due to their disdain of weapons, or an Enchantress, due to that class being populated by Sidhe. Amazon is, of course, most likely, though all the other ones are certainly there too. Vaelyne is a bit different, of course. Keep in mind that Conacia is a bunch of jungle tribes, so it would be rather difficult to represent it in its entirity.

Makes that reason null in void and it hinders the creative process, at least for me, cause now you’re telling me no when before it look just fine.

In fact any concept I've had when it came to mechanics already planned, this class, this feat, has been shot down…

While the ones that I come in with vagueness you love and give plenty of advice on it. It seems at times that you most have some sort of controlling influence* in the way the character’s will go and, IMHO, that’s not always a good thing.

* I'm not talking about CI as in DM making the story, but as in the DM making choices for the player when it comes to his character type.

Now I'm sure your not trying to do the above... but wow, sometimes I just get blown away by just how these small details damage a concept. Mainly cause they are not so small…

Now again you where very vague with this question:

Rystil Arden said:
Keep in mind that Conacia is a bunch of jungle tribes, so it would be rather difficult to represent it in its entirity.

But it’s not possible for them to have any tribes that prefer the intimate nature of hand-to-hand fighting? :confused:

Now, please could I have a yes or no list for the classes based upon the three types of people that live on Amaranthia? (I want all three types cause I do not want to see this happen again... I want it spelled out so to speak.)

Rystil Arden

First Post
I would imagine that the above list is the list of the playable classes for someone/anyone from the planet Amaranthia.

I don't see how you would just make that assumption, though. It is similar to saying that the list of Rowaini classes indicates that you could be one of the Wraithsong Pirates from the Arnivian Ocean and choose the Knight class.

wow, sometimes I just get blown away by just how these small details damage a concept.

I completely and entirely agree with you, and I believe you have come across the key point here--you are letting small details damage your concept when I don't see why they need to do so.

In fact any concept I've had when it came to mechanics already planned, this class, this feat, has been shot down…

What can I say? The fact that I don't have published setting info is, indeed my fault, but the way I would go about it is to ask if you don't have some info that you need.

* I'm not talking about CI as in DM making the story, but as in the DM making choices for the player when it comes to his character type.

I'm still perplexed as to how whether or not you can use Superior Finesse with a Size Large Greatsword makes or breaks an Amazon Diplomat character concept...

But it’s not possible for them to have any tribes that prefer the intimate nature of hand-to-hand fighting?

The tribes aren't too too disparate in their culture, they just don't see themselves as a whole political unit that would have a single representative. While some of the Conacians do fight unarmed, they aren't votresses because they don't swear themselves to powerful mistresses as harbingers of peace who disdain weapons and gain divine power. They'd probably be Amazons who took unarmed fighting feats and maybe multiclassed a bit in Nymph and or Monk.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Remove ads