Diplomatic Immunity--Preface: Vasha's Discovery, Part II

Bront

The man with the probe
Vasha walks over and offers the tray of food to Zythryd. "Zythryd, this is my Soul Sister Louteah. She pulled me though my darkest times and is one of the most special women I've ever met."

"Louteah, this is Zythryd, a kind and loving soul who's been through more than his share of pain because of me. I would have been lost in this city without him."

Rystil Arden

First Post
*Zythryd smiles and accepts the meal, but then he looks at Louteah and frowns.*

"Wait--I remember seeing her. She works for Lhyzra, doesn't she!"

"Yes. I am the Crown Princess's boon companion."

"Vasha, you can't trust her. She's one of them."

Bront

The man with the probe
"Zythryd, you wouldn't be here if it weren't for Lhyzra. She and I came and rescued you, remember? Louteah is special, and her heart is filled with love. I love her and trust her, and I think you should get to know her before you judge."

Rystil Arden

First Post
"Vasha, you haven't lived in this city as long as I have...you don't know the awful things that the Crown Princess has done. She is known throughout the Empire for her cruelty, and it is said that she deters assassination attempts on the Dragonemperor simply because they are frightened to see what would happen with her on the throne."

Bront

The man with the probe
Vasha looks to Louteah for help. "Zythryd, if she was so cruel, why would she save you? Why would she be so nice to me? Why would she have such a kind and loving boon companion such as Louteah?"

Rystil Arden

First Post
"Lhyzra is nice! Don't be so mean to her!"

"She must have had something she wanted, Vasha. Some evil scheme that required her to be nice to you to succeed."

Bront

The man with the probe
"Zythryd, for my sake, will you give her a chance? Before you met me, if I had come to you claiming to be an Ecomancer, you would have turned me in. But you know me better now. I ask that you give Lhyzra... Alyz... a chance. And Louteah as well, she's sweet, and would never hurt you or I."

Bront

The man with the probe
"Shh" she says, putting a finger to his lips. "Zythryd, I love you, and I know what you're going to say. Vrymiin was evil, and I was wrong to assume I could change her so easily. But I've been with Alyz and Louteah for weeks now. They have forced nothing on me, helped me cope with what's going on, protected me from the manhunt, and helped me finish my father's work. All I ask is that you give them a chance."

"I'm not telling you to trust them, I'm asking you to give them a chance to earn your trust. Will you do this, please, for me?"

Remove ads