Diplomatic Immunity: Wedding Bells a'Ringing

Rystil Arden

First Post
Keia said:
"I am usually open to new ideas, mi'lady," Ferris offered, "and if they are fun and exciting, then so much the better, yes?"

"Starting with something completely new to me, and something that seems most definitely fresh and exciting . . . I would be honored if you would tell me something about yourself, mi'lady," Ferris continued.
"Well, good sir knight, what is there to say about myself? Let's see. I enjoy chocolate and beautiful new clothes, and in general I prefer to listen and learn than to blab on about myself. How about you? We don't have too many Sacra here--you must have the most fascinating stories to tell, my handsome knight, no?"

Keia

I aim to misbehave
Ferris D’Elchant, male Sacra

Ah . . . I see, chocolate and beautiful new clothes," Ferris responded, "Sadly, I have neither with me currently - thoug h perhaps I can arrange something. But more importantly, you enjoy listening and learning . . . Hmmm."

"Very well, if you demand, mi'lady, I shall do my best to comply with your request," Ferris continued. "Though I must admit, stories of the Sacra may bore you and offend others. I have been told on many an occasion that I am a bit more . . . accepting of others than many of the Sacra."

Bront

The man with the probe
Rystil Arden said:
"She probably wouldn't have enough in common with a commoner, pardon the pun, to connect with one on such a deep level, but she'd certainly be better off on a personal level with a well-educated and fair-minded minor noble who loves her, assuming she shared the attraction, or even perhaps a non-Rowaini with similar tastes. That's what would be absolutely best for her. But as nobles, and royalty, all of us do have to realise that we were born to great privilege and luxury, but with those things comes a great responsibility as well--we can't always just have what we want, or we become no better than petty tyrants. Commoners may have fewer expensive things, but really they are freer to love and live their day-to-day existence than royalty, and choose whomever they wish to spend their life with. It's inevitable that royalty will not be able to do this for political reasons. If Helena did something like that, it would be like the kidnapping or running away to Amaranthia scenario--we would lose face as a nation and possibly go to war, and she'd likely be hunted down. There are both stories and historical records of ladies and princesses who have done just this and been found, their lover killed, and taken back to be the bride of their captor--usually the man they least wanted to see ever again after he killed their beloved. Now, there are also others who got away too in recent years. I know the families of Celimene Vitale, Aldonza Lorenzo, and Vanessa D'Etoile have all not heard back from their daughters recently. But these are minor nobles whose families were not complicit with the daughter's escape, as far as anyone knows, and who don't seem to have had any major suitors who have the resources to track them down in Wildspace. Helena's suitors have those resources."
"Then perhaps looking for a political marrage to a non Rowaini may be in order. You could have the best of both worlds, no pun intended. Make her suiters happy that she was married for political reasons, and perhaps find someone who can love her or at least treat her well."

Rystil Arden

First Post
Keia said:
Ah . . . I see, chocolate and beautiful new clothes," Ferris responded, "Sadly, I have neither with me currently - thoug h perhaps I can arrange something. But more importantly, you enjoy listening and learning . . . Hmmm."

"Very well, if you demand, mi'lady, I shall do my best to comply with your request," Ferris continued. "Though I must admit, stories of the Sacra may bore you and offend others. I have been told on many an occasion that I am a bit more . . . accepting of others than many of the Sacra."
"That's okay, my dashing Ferris. I am not so easily offended, and if the others in your story are somewhat repugnant, it will only make you shine more, handsome paragon that you are. Come, let us sit," she brings him over to a silken divan, "I'm sure you have on some underarmour clothes under that, so let's take that armour off. You must be utterly stifled in that, although you do look incredibly handsome in it, but having that shell around you is no way to mingle."

*Aerope helps Ferris remove the armour before sitting him down on the divan and sitting in his lap.*

Rystil Arden

First Post
Bront said:
"Then perhaps looking for a political marrage to a non Rowaini may be in order. You could have the best of both worlds, no pun intended. Make her suiters happy that she was married for political reasons, and perhaps find someone who can love her or at least treat her well."
"See, but the thing is, the suitors won't be happy no matter who she marries if it isn't that particular suitor in question. And since one of the suitors is the Rowaini king, looking for a wife for his heir apparent, well, that's why there's bound to be trouble once Lynestra is married--I daresay many of the visiting dignitaries who are showing up tomorrow are coming more to push the case for Helena than actually because they care about seeing Lynestra married. To keep Helena, whoever she married, whether a foreign or domestic noble, would have to be at least on a level of power with the strongest suitors."

Keia

I aim to misbehave
Aerope said:
"That's okay, my dashing Ferris. I am not so easily offended, and if the others in your story are somewhat repugnant, it will only make you shine more, handsome paragon that you are. Come, let us sit," she brings him over to a silken divan, "I'm sure you have on some underarmour clothes under that, so let's take that armour off. You must be utterly stifled in that, although you do look incredibly handsome in it, but having that shell around you is no way to mingle."

"While I appreciate the compliment, mi'lady, I am no paragon . . . just a humble, well sometimes humble, servant of Circe," Ferris lightly protested, though with a warm smile and bright eyes. "In fact, I do have a layer or two of underarmour clothes. Though I must warn you, mi'lady, I have not yet had the time to make myself more presentable . . . I did bring clothes for such the occasion."

*Regardless of his light protest, Ferris assisted Aerope in removing his armour, having come from a society in which a woman's words were not questioned. Luckily, Ferris's underarmour was still stylish and presentable, in dark blue and dark purple and trimmed in silver, to accent his hair and eyes. Ferris learned long ago that he may at times be without his armour, though he was a bit self-conscious for a few minutes after removing it.*

OOC: Circe's Love is applied to saves today. Active spells of any note: Endure elements - heat . . . thought it might be useful when wearing armor all day. :)

Rystil Arden

First Post
(OOC: Yup, Endure Elements is always good when trudging in armour where it might get hot)

"Nonsense, my dear Ferris. Those clothes may not be formal enough for the wedding itself, but they are perfectly presentable for the reception--I only dress in fancy designer dresses because I like trying out different designs," Aerope purrs softly as she nestles in on Ferris's lap, leaning against him in that low-cut dress, "Now then, that's better, isn't it? Now why don't you tell me all about yourself?"

Bront

The man with the probe
Rystil Arden said:
"See, but the thing is, the suitors won't be happy no matter who she marries if it isn't that particular suitor in question. And since one of the suitors is the Rowaini king, looking for a wife for his heir apparent, well, that's why there's bound to be trouble once Lynestra is married--I daresay many of the visiting dignitaries who are showing up tomorrow are coming more to push the case for Helena than actually because they care about seeing Lynestra married. To keep Helena, whoever she married, whether a foreign or domestic noble, would have to be at least on a level of power with the strongest suitors."
Vasha frowns, "I'm sure something amicable will happen. I'm not sure what, but Helena's too special for something not to happen."

unleashed

First Post
Tiberius Lucius Magnus, Male Praetor Warmage

Rystil Arden said:
"Yes, I guess it probably would be a fairly similar skill set, but horse racing and training, while exciting, is a relatively victimless sport--true, I am sometimes saddened to lose a good horse to a terrible unhealable fracture, but with Plydek's healing ability, I don't always have to say goodbye to one of my horses the moment its first misadventure befalls it. Gladiatorial combat, on the other hand, involves manipulating sentient beings until they crave bloodlust and the roar of the crowd's applause enough that they will kill their fellows for the amusement of onlookers--I don't think I could ever really get behind that."
“Indeed, it’s not for everyone, but as you’ve noted, we’re a very militaristic society, so the gladiatorial pits and coliseums fill the publics need for such entertainment. I can assure you, it’s far better for the public to watch such events and get a little rowdy in the confines of the arenas, than for such violence to take to the streets. You should know though, many Low-Praetors enter the arenas to become gladiators willingly, knowing the risks they face, in an attempt to improve their station, as the best gain great celebrity and riches. Of course not all fighting takes place between gladiators, there are combats against fierce creatures from throughout the spheres as well...they’re definitely a sight to see.”

Last edited:

Rystil Arden

First Post
Bront said:
Vasha frowns, "I'm sure something amicable will happen. I'm not sure what, but Helena's too special for something not to happen."
"If only the world worked that way," Kastor sighs, "I would be glad if it did."

Remove ads