• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Diplomatic Immunity: Wedding Bells a'Ringing

Rystil Arden

First Post
unleashed said:
“Indeed, it’s not for everyone, but as you’ve noted, we’re a very militaristic society, so the gladiatorial pits and coliseums fill the publics need for such entertainment. I can assure you, it’s far better for the public to watch such events and get a little rowdy in the confines of the arenas, than for such violence to take to the streets. You should know though, many Low-Praetors enter the arenas to become gladiators willingly, knowing the risks they face, in an attempt to improve their station, as the best gain great celebrity and riches. Of course not all fighting takes place between gladiators, there are combats against fierce creatures from throughout the spheres as well...they’re definitely a sight to see.”
"I suppose. It just seems a rather brutal and pointless waste of life. I'm sure it's just a cultural difference though--you would probably find some points of Rowaini culture equally unusual."

Bront

The man with the probe
Rystil Arden said:
"If only the world worked that way," Kastor sighs, "I would be glad if it did."
"There's always hope. And without hope, what is there?"

Vasha gives Kastor a hug. "You take care of her, and I'll see the both of you later, ok?"

Rystil Arden

First Post
Bront said:
"There's always hope. And without hope, what is there?"

Vasha gives Kastor a hug. "You take care of her, and I'll see the both of you later, ok?"
"Yes, I do hold out hope, Vasha--hope that somehow, she will gain more time, and be able to be herself and experience true happiness...And of course, as always, I will protect her. I'll see you later, Vasha," Kastor smiles and returns the hug.

"Oh, and as promised earlier..." he pinches her bottom gently from his vantage in the hug, "You, my dear Vasha, are a most voluptuous woman."

*He winks and grins as he heads off for a drink.*

Bront

The man with the probe
Vasha wanders about sipping her drink untill she finds .... available to talk.

"Hi, I'm Vasha," She says.

OOC: Random GM pick as to who's available now :)

Last edited:

Rystil Arden

First Post
Bront said:
Vasha wanders about sipping her drink untill she finds .... available to talk.

"Hi, I'm Vasha," She says.

OOC: Random GM pick as to who's available now :)
(OOC: Someone new, right? By now, the most likely new people to be free are Tyrus and Atreus, who were talking to Mythweaver a while earlier, or Orin, who Elmurien left talking to a while ago. This is because the only other choices, Aerope and Amber, are both engaged in an activity they'll probably keep at--Aerope is sitting on Ferris's lap and probably doesn't want to be disturbed, whereas Amber is talking to Claudia and watching Claudia's art, which is likely less to be exclusive.)

Bront

The man with the probe
Rystil Arden said:
(OOC: Someone new, right? By now, the most likely new people to be free are Tyrus and Atreus, who were talking to Mythweaver a while earlier, or Orin, who Elmurien left talking to a while ago. This is because the only other choices, Aerope and Amber, are both engaged in an activity they'll probably keep at--Aerope is sitting on Ferris's lap and probably doesn't want to be disturbed, whereas Amber is talking to Claudia and watching Claudia's art, which is likely less to be exclusive.)
OOC: Someone unattached, I'm putting destiny in your hands :)

Rystil Arden

First Post
D2Dazza said:
El strides to the bar and orders a drink, she then finds a quiet corner to stand in and observes proceedings around her.
*The bartender delivers El her drink quickly, and El takes her spot in the room's corner. She sees Mythweaver talking to the two older men, Tiberius chatting with the younger man who had been talking to Orin until El stepped up, Plydek, with whom she had spoken earlier, standing and sipping his drink, Vasha talking to that unnerving Helena, whose eyes El tries to avoid meeting, Ferris lounging on a divan with his armour off and a dark-haired beauty on his lap, and Tiberius's wife Claudia sitting on her couch and drawing, as the younger dark-haired girl watches on and chats with her.*

Last edited:

Rystil Arden

First Post
Bront said:
OOC: Someone unattached, I'm putting destiny in your hands :)
(OOC: Well, some people don't like to talk to Orin because he just talks about hunting down animals, so Vasha and he might not see eye to eye. On the other hand, the older men and Vasha might have disconnects too in their worldview and especially Atreus's view of his son, and disconnects with any of them could be interesting to roleplay.

I'll tell you what--I don't remember but did any of the NPCs warn Vasha that Orin talks about hunting way too much? If not, let's have her talk to him ( :lol: this may be short). Let me know if you remember that they did.)

Remove ads