• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Diplomatic Immunity: Wedding Bells a'Ringing

Rystil Arden

First Post
Bront said:
"No, I'm a Nymph who respects nature, and I'm quite aware of it's place in life. Hunting is natural. Hunting for sport is not. Unless you submit yourself to a hunt as the Prey on occasion."
"Hunting for sport is certainly natural--why else would I feel the rush of blood through my veins, the excitement, the exhiliration? It's a natural way for my soul to sing as I trace my roots back to the natural way of things. And anyway, the prey never chooses to be prey. I'll submit myself as prey after the deer comes up to me and asks for it too," Orin laughs, "And anyway, hunting someone who wanted to be hunted for fun just wouldn't be the same. The prey has to be striving for its life, or it won't try it's hardest, you know?"

unleashed

First Post
Tiberius Lucius Magnus, Male Praetor Warmage

Rystil Arden said:
*Kastor laughs.*

"Not to worry, my friend. I don't hold the cultural point against you or anything," he glances at Vasha and winks, "Ten crowns say I can pinch her bottom some time during the conversation and she won't call me on it--what say you?"
“I had no concerns about that,” Tiberius says, smiling. “No, I think I’ll decline that bet, as it’s a little too heavily weighted in your favour, Kastor.”

Rystil Arden

First Post
unleashed said:
“I had no concerns about that,” Tiberius says, smiling. “No, I think I’ll decline that bet, as it’s a little too heavily weighted in your favour, Kastor.”
*Kastor shrugs.*

"Suit yourself then," he smiles and adds jokingly, "Coward," he laughs slightly.

unleashed

First Post
Tiberius Lucius Magnus, Male Praetor Warmage

“That won’t make me reconsider handing over my coin on a near certainty, Kastor. After all, there’s no clause forbidding you to ask permission beforehand,” Tiberius laughs. “Nice try though, see you later.”

*Tiberius then heads back to Claudia and Amber.*

Bront

The man with the probe
Rystil Arden said:
"Hunting for sport is certainly natural--why else would I feel the rush of blood through my veins, the excitement, the exhiliration? It's a natural way for my soul to sing as I trace my roots back to the natural way of things. And anyway, the prey never chooses to be prey. I'll submit myself as prey after the deer comes up to me and asks for it too," Orin laughs, "And anyway, hunting someone who wanted to be hunted for fun just wouldn't be the same. The prey has to be striving for its life, or it won't try it's hardest, you know?"
"Are you hunting the deer or sharing pleasure with it?" Vasha asks rhitoricly with a chuckle. "Besides, there's so many other ways to connect with nature. I mean, haven't you ever bathed in a body of natural water? It's best when the water caresses your skin completely. It's a truely invigorating experience that conects you to nature. And no need to kill an animal for the fun of it."

Rystil Arden

First Post
unleashed said:
“That won’t make me reconsider handing over my coin on a near certainty, Kastor. After all, there’s no clause forbidding you to ask permission beforehand,” Tiberius laughs. “Nice try though, see you later.”

*Tiberius then heads back to Claudia and Amber.*
*Claudia is still sketching, and she is conversing lightly with Amber as Tiberius approaches.*

"I think I see the handomest man at the party coming to talk to us," Claudia laughs slightly, "How goes it, my love?"

Rystil Arden

First Post
Bront said:
"Are you hunting the deer or sharing pleasure with it?" Vasha asks rhitoricly with a chuckle. "Besides, there's so many other ways to connect with nature. I mean, haven't you ever bathed in a body of natural water? It's best when the water caresses your skin completely. It's a truely invigorating experience that conects you to nature. And no need to kill an animal for the fun of it."
"Hmm, I wonder if while you were doing that, you would become one with the water and the flow, and the current would flow around you and the fish swim right past you in all their bright colours as you floated in the water. What do you think?"

Bront

The man with the probe
Rystil Arden said:
"Hmm, I wonder if while you were doing that, you would become one with the water and the flow, and the current would flow around you and the fish swim right past you in all their bright colours as you floated in the water. What do you think?"
"Yes, it can happen, though occasionaly one of the fish will come up and tickle you," She says, giggling in remeberance.

Rystil Arden

First Post
Bront said:
"Yes, it can happen, though occasionaly one of the fish will come up and tickle you," She says, giggling in remeberance.
"Hmm...then I bet you could lunge out really fast and grab the fish out of the water and snap its neck. That sounds like it would be fun, actually--it isn't the same sort of hunting that I'm used to, where the blood rushes and the muscles pump, sweat pouring as you exert yourself...instead you'd have to stay calm and serene to catch the prey. Still, there are many predators in nature who do just that, waiting for just the right moment to strike--You're a hunting genius!"

(OOC: Aww, her response was so cute--it almost makes me feel sad to dash the mood :D)

Bront

The man with the probe
Rystil Arden said:
"Hmm...then I bet you could lunge out really fast and grab the fish out of the water and snap its neck. That sounds like it would be fun, actually--it isn't the same sort of hunting that I'm used to, where the blood rushes and the muscles pump, sweat pouring as you exert yourself...instead you'd have to stay calm and serene to catch the prey. Still, there are many predators in nature who do just that, waiting for just the right moment to strike--You're a hunting genius!"

(OOC: Aww, her response was so cute--it almost makes me feel sad to dash the mood :D)
"I never thought of that. If you want, I can help you practice right now, but you need to stand very, very still."

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads