• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Diplomatic Immunity: Wedding Bells a'Ringing

Rystil Arden

First Post
Bront said:
"I never thought of that. If you want, I can help you practice right now, but you need to stand very, very still."
"Yes. I would imagine that even a ripple would disturb the surroundings. Like the water snake, I must be one with the surroundings and earn the fish's trust before I strike, unexpectedly. You should come on the hunt I'm holding--we can go to a pond and practise luring the fish through calm. It sounds like you know what you're doing more than I do--I'd bet if we had a contest, you'd catch more fish. Then you could brag to all your friends--not many can say they've beaten Orin Atreides on the hunt, and certainly no girls."

Bront

The man with the probe
"Yes, but some simple techniques you can practice right now. You need to get a feel for your suroundings, and intouch with yourself. Stand, with your arms and legs appart like this, and close your eyes... staying perfectly still. Just imagine yourself floating away..."

Vasha demonstrates, her legs slightly spread to keep balance, her arms raised a bit, and she closes her eyes. And then peeks, "Come on, unless you're going to concede this already."

Rystil Arden

First Post
*Orin raises an eyebrow and then nods, following Vasha's example.*

"Hmm, I guess this would work better in the water, but okay--what's next?

(OOC: This reminds me of Douglas Adams [SBLOCK=Hitchhiker's Guide]"After awhile an animal - a deer perhaps - would appear from out of the trees and watch him cautiously. Ford would continue to smile at it, his eyes would soften and shine, and he would seem to radiate a deep and universal love, a love which reached out to embrace all of creation. A wonderful quietness would descend on the surrounding countryside, peaceful and serene, emanating from this transfigured man. Slowly the deer would approach, step by step, until it was almost nuzzling him, whereupon Ford Prefect would reach out to it and break its neck." [/SBLOCK])

Bront

The man with the probe
"Now, just imagine something getting closer, and closer. Keep your eyes closed, and just feel it, as you wrap yourself in nature and become one with it,"

At this point, Vasha casts Create Water, dumping 4 gallons of water on his head. "Can you feel it?"

Rystil Arden

First Post
*Orin keeps nodding, his eyes closed, until suddenly Vasha summons the water.*

"What in the?!"

*Every eye in the room turns to Vasha at the tremendous splash and spread of water. Many people stare, some in disbelief, surprise, and annoyance, although a few of them seem amused. Lord Atreides calls in a servant to clean the mess before it ruins the entire room and warps the carpet or floors.*

Bront

The man with the probe
Vasha triumphanty walks away, "I'm sorry sir, but he deserved it" she says to Lord Atreides. She looks around, hoping to find someone who was amused by the event to talk to.

Rystil Arden

First Post
Bront said:
Vasha triumphanty walks away, "I'm sorry sir, but he deserved it" she says to Lord Atreides. She looks around, hoping to find someone who was amused by the event to talk to.
*The only people who Vasha thinks were visibly amused were Kastor and Amber, who had been talking to Claudia, but just went to get a drink. That said, Plydek and Helena didn't look annoyed, though if they were amused, they managed to hide it. Aerope didn't really seem to care except being slightly annoyed about the carpet. Lord Atreides was probably most annoyed from his expression.*

unleashed

First Post
Tiberius Lucius Magnus, Male Praetor Warmage

Rystil Arden said:
*Claudia is still sketching, and she is conversing lightly with Amber as Tiberius approaches.*

"I think I see the handomest man at the party coming to talk to us," Claudia laughs slightly, "How goes it, my love?"
Tiberius glances around in mock concern, before grinning at Claudia and saying, “Interesting to say the least, dear heart...though apparently, according to Kastor, everyone seems to think we’re a rather secretive culture. I really just popped over to see if you ladies would like anything, before I seek someone else to converse with...if everything is alright here.”

Rystil Arden

First Post
unleashed said:
Tiberius glances around in mock concern, before grinning at Claudia and saying, “Interesting to say the least, dear heart...though apparently, according to Kastor, everyone seems to think we’re a rather secretive culture. I really just popped over to see if you ladies would like anything, before I seek someone else to converse with...if everything is alright here.”
"Oh, we're doing fine, thanks love," Claudia replies, "I know I'm not letting myself have anything more to drink after this glass of wine. You Amber?"

*Amber shakes her head.*

"No thanks."

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads