• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Diplomatic Immunity: Wedding Bells a'Ringing

Rystil Arden

First Post
Bront said:
OOC: Nope. No warnings about anyone.
(OOC: Alright then :D)

*Vasha makes her way over to Orin, who has had no one to talk to since Elmurien left to go stand in the corner a little while ago. He brightens up as Vasha approaches.*

"What ho, fair lady? How do you fare this eve?"

Bront

The man with the probe
"I'm good. I'm excited about seeing Ammon again, as it's been over a year since I saw him last."

OOC: did he just call me a Ho? :lol:

Rystil Arden

First Post
Bront said:
"I'm good. I'm excited about seeing Ammon again, as it's been over a year since I saw him last."

OOC: did he just call me a Ho? :lol:
"Ah, yes--brother's friend. Are you his, uh, sister? I still find that unusual. Anyway, as I was agreeing with your friend Elmurien earlier, if my brother was a real man, he would have had a final hunt on his wedding night, but instead he's pussying out with a little talky party, but I guess if so many of his friends are girls, perhaps that's why."

(OOC: Nope. I'm guessing, though, that you laughed at the scene in Hamlet "Help, help, ho!" "What ho! Help, help, help!" )

unleashed

First Post
Tiberius Lucius Magnus, Male Praetor Warmage

Rystil Arden said:
"I suppose. It just seems a rather brutal and pointless waste of life. I'm sure it's just a cultural difference though--you would probably find some points of Rowaini culture equally unusual."
“Yes, I’m sure there would be something, but then most cultures have their idiosyncrasies...that’s often what makes them interesting,” Tiberius says with a chuckle. “Well, I can see Vasha heading over, so I’ll leave you to her, and probably a far more relaxed conversation...though if you think of something else you’d like to ask, feel free to come find me.”

Rystil Arden

First Post
unleashed said:
“Yes, I’m sure there would be something, but then most cultures have their idiosyncrasies...that’s often what makes them interesting,” Tiberius says with a chuckle. “Well, I can see Vasha heading over, so I’ll leave you to her, and probably a far more relaxed conversation...though if you think of something else you’d like to ask, feel free to come find me.”
*Kastor laughs.*

"Not to worry, my friend. I don't hold the cultural point against you or anything," he glances at Vasha and winks, "Ten crowns say I can pinch her bottom some time during the conversation and she won't call me on it--what say you?"

Bront

The man with the probe
Rystil Arden said:
"Ah, yes--brother's friend. Are you his, uh, sister? I still find that unusual. Anyway, as I was agreeing with your friend Elmurien earlier, if my brother was a real man, he would have had a final hunt on his wedding night, but instead he's pussying out with a little talky party, but I guess if so many of his friends are girls, perhaps that's why."

(OOC: Nope. I'm guessing, though, that you laughed at the scene in Hamlet "Help, help, ho!" "What ho! Help, help, help!" )
"Why, is there not enough food to serve the guests otherwise?"

Rystil Arden

First Post
Bront said:
"Why, is there not enough food to serve the guests otherwise?"
*Orin laughs.*

"Oh, of course not! My parents would absolutely shrivel up and die politically if they couldn't afford to feed everyone. No, it's for the sport--hunting is how a man can feel truly like a man, feel truly alive. Hunting really is the thinking man's sport. In any other sport, your opponent is only playing to win, and they may not be motivated enough to force you to really get a good exercise. But in hunting, they are striving for their life, giving it their all. And you know that this is the angels' way of urging you to give it your all as well, to not let the animal's sacrifice be in vain and to learn from each hunt something new. In some ways, hunting is a transcendental experience.""

Bront

The man with the probe
Vasha seems less than thrilled with this. "But, what would you do with the beast once it's slain? It is a part of nature, balancing out what it consumes, till it itself is consumed for food, clothing, and perhaps even herbalist ingrediants. Tis the cycle of things."

Rystil Arden

First Post
Bront said:
Vasha seems less than thrilled with this. "But, what would you do with the beast once it's slain? It is a part of nature, balancing out what it consumes, till it itself is consumed for food, clothing, and perhaps even herbalist ingrediants. Tis the cycle of things."
"Well, we feast on the meat and then I maybe mount the head on a wall somewhere if it's impressive. You're not one of those crazy druids who kill people for killing animals, I hope? Hunting is a natural process--we humanoids, especially the males, are meant to be predators, and if we allow the fineries of civilisation to dull our edge without immersing ourselves in the chase of predator and prey, we lose our connection to nature and our own manhood."

Bront

The man with the probe
Rystil Arden said:
"Well, we feast on the meat and then I maybe mount the head on a wall somewhere if it's impressive. You're not one of those crazy druids who kill people for killing animals, I hope? Hunting is a natural process--we humanoids, especially the males, are meant to be predators, and if we allow the fineries of civilisation to dull our edge without immersing ourselves in the chase of predator and prey, we lose our connection to nature and our own manhood."
"No, I'm a Nymph who respects nature, and I'm quite aware of it's place in life. Hunting is natural. Hunting for sport is not. Unless you submit yourself to a hunt as the Prey on occasion."

Remove ads