• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

disbelieve blur?

Negative Zero

First Post
i noticed that in the description for the bblurr spell, it has: Saving Throw: Will negates (harmless) listed. does this mean that an opponent can disbelieve the effect? or does can the target of the spell use his will save to resist it? they both seem a lil silly to me.

~NegZ

Oni

First Post
?

(BTW it means the target of the spell can resist if they so choose, but it cannot be disbelieved)

Oops! Cross-post mishap.

I meant to say that you can't disbelieve Glamers. If you want to cast Blur on a friend, and they aren't willing, they get a Will save to negate. It's rare that someone doesn't want a Blur spell, except if they don't want to radiate magic.

kreynolds

First Post
Ferret said:
It goes on the caster.

Say what?
dubious-yellow.gif

Treacherous

First Post
See page 150 of the Player's Handbook.

Whenever you see the (harmless) after a save it means the target of the spell theoretically could resist the spell, but it would usually be silly since he or she probably wants the spell to work. You can always choose to automatically fail a saving throw, which is what you normally do when somebody casts blur on you.

Last edited:

Remove ads