(Discussion) DMs needed..

Folks, you have definately seen this new phenom, the Living ENWorld threads.
Still in it's infancy, you have a unique opportunity to become one of the 'early birds' in this one and start weaving your stories together with those of other DMs to create a truly singular creation.

So, what say you, Intrepid DMs?

Seeking 1-? DMs to run 1st Level adventures in the budding ENWorld setting.

Email livingenworld@hotmail.com
or just post here and in any appropriate forum in the Talking the Talk.

Last edited by a moderator:

Mithreander

Explorer
I would be interested in DMing... but I'm afraid that I'm really just to lazy to go through ALL the information for 'living enworld'. Is there a place where a budding 'living enworld' DM could get the scoop on what's aloud in an adventure?

Thanks!

Fanog

First Post
I might be willing. Let me see if I have inspiration this week. I'll email the basics when I have them, this will give you an opportunity to see if you like what I might come up with.

Fanog

Link to the easy 'How-To' in order to get started'
I'm the Judge that posted this, btw.
It's pretty simple. Just like any other game that you might want to start running except for giving the Judges a look at your synopsis for the adventure first. We just don't want anyone introducing Artifacts or Epid Level characters into the story off the bat, that sort of thing.
As well, emailing the adventure basics first allows for those of us doing so to catalog places,names and such on the growing Map of ENWorld.
note:This is a really new game world, so things are pretty bare-bones so far. That is part of the beauty, though. If you want there to be a Dark Lord named Rathragg living in some forboding black castle upon the isle of Frymm 200 miles off of the coast, as long as it doesn't conflict with what someone else has already posted for that location, it will pretty much get an 'In'.

So, to recap, just email an adventure idea to the above email.

Once it gets OK'd, you go to the Red Dragon <II> thread and post, preferably with someone actually doing it in character, though a Job-Post that suddenly appears on the Boards is fun in-and-of-itself. I use brindle, a rather unsavory fellow who posts for many sorts of Employers, some of which don't want to be seen in town or in the daylight, for that matter. You get the inference, I assume.

As well, you are perfectly welcome to create a character yourself. I am running an adventure, with 2 more to come very soon, as well as playing 'Silver cat' an Elf Rogue and acting as a Judge for ENWorld.

Um...that's a lot of hats...

-Uriel

http://enworld.cyberstreet.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=61321

Uriel

Living EN World Judge
I ,too, improvise about 90% of the time (Don't tell the players in all of my games... :D )

Something like this perhaps.

Synopsis

Lead In: Recently, several workers of the local Masons-Union have dissapeared while trying to restore an old dilapidated Church.
The Watch have put up a reward, say 300GP for information leading to the resolution of this mysetry.

Guts:There is a ring of thieves operating out of the old building, 6 of them. Most of them are 1st level, with a 3rd level leader. As well, there are traps set in the building.

Hook: Maybe oneof the masons is/was a friend of one of the PCs.

We don't need to see your Maps, or stat blocks, just the framework.
Short adventures iarewhat we are looking for, ones that keep the LEW moving. That way, people will get to experience diffeent DM's styles.Further on, longer ones would be great as well.

I hope that that was helpful.

-Uriel

Last edited:

garyh

First Post
I still plan to run a one-shot, I just haven't had a chance to get an adventure together (not even fleshing out GnomeWorks' idea :( ), with out-of-town visitors and my own travel schedule. However, there is something I can still do to help out in the meantime:

DM's, if you need a Judge to watch your game, let me know. I'll be glad to make things nice and legal! :)

Kahuna Burger

First Post
garyh said:
I still plan to run a one-shot, I just haven't had a chance to get an adventure together (not even fleshing out GnomeWorks' idea :( ), with out-of-town visitors and my own travel schedule. However, there is something I can still do to help out in the meantime:

DM's, if you need a Judge to watch your game, let me know. I'll be glad to make things nice and legal! :)

I've submitted a synopsis and not heard back (instant gratification! I need it!!! ;) ) Should I resend directly to you?

Today is my day off, so I was hoping to get things rolling while I would be able to give regular feedback.

Kahuna burger

Remove ads