Discussion - General Discussion Thread '09

Scott DeWar

Prof. Emeritus-Supernatural Events/Countermeasure
OK judges, I have a rules question:

I know that yu cvan go to a shop owned by a player character and pay cash plus craft points.

But, can you go to the shop of an NPC armorer and do the same? Or do you have to pay full GP cost?

I will be returning to haunt this thread often to find the answer ...

Boddynock

First Post
There is no determination of what a craft point equals. Each player makes that decision for themselves. NPCs have no single controlling player, so that's not an option for them.

So my own opinion is that - while it's a good idea - you won't get a discount from an NPC for contributing craft points. There's got to be some incentive to go to PCs instead!

Trouvere

Explorer
There is no determination of what a craft point equals.
There's an indirect measure. 1 XP is worth 5 gp (see here). Since the crafter of a magic item pays 1/25 market price in XP and 1/10 market price in CP, 1 XP = 2.5 CP and so 1 CP = 2 gp.

If someone were making a 100 gp mundane item, the CP cost would be 10; a collaborator could provide 5 of those, which would be worth 10 gp. In other words, they'd pay 90%.

Do I believe this? No. NPCs don't really have CP, or at least we're not crazy enough to keep track of them, so - in their own lower level imaginary minds - they have no incentive to let anyone help.
So my own opinion is that - while it's a good idea - you won't get a discount from an NPC for contributing craft points. There's got to be some incentive to go to PCs instead!
This. Although, where are these PC crafters? Gildrim just spent 2000 gp that could have passed through Tarag's hands. :p

Theroc

First Post
Although, where are these PC crafters? Gildrim just spent 2000 gp that could have passed through Tarag's hands. :p

Viktor intends to be a weapon and armorsmith once he can acquire the necessary levels. Since, skillpoints are tied to experience gains, Viktor has to learn to fight monsters better to forge better weapons.

Somewhat reminds me of the Hawaiian warriors(I think it was Hawaiian) I saw on the History Channel. They felt the weapon carried with it the spirit of everything it killed, and the spirit of its past wielders. I don't remember if the crafter himself was included in the believe or not, but it'd make sense.

Boddynock

First Post
There's an indirect measure. 1 XP is worth 5 gp (see here). Since the crafter of a magic item pays 1/25 market price in XP and 1/10 market price in CP, 1 XP = 2.5 CP and so 1 CP = 2 gp.
Ah, but XP are unlimited - just go out and kill another monster. CP are not.

And yes, Tarag is keenly aware of the financial possibilities which are passing him by. ;)

Scott DeWar

Prof. Emeritus-Supernatural Events/Countermeasure
I had Karl seek him out once, before ending up in the RDI waiting for him to returns so he would not die of thirst or starvation.

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
Hello everyone in LEW land. :p

Hope you have had a great holiday season, but I am wondering how come this thread and the RDI don't show up on the LEW page?? I went looking for the 2010 Discussion thread and saw only a couple games and one proposal had to dig this thread out the back of my subscriptions to post this question? LOL just wondering cause I would like to subscribe to any new LEW threads that are activated.

HM

stonegod

Spawn of Khyber/LEB Judge
Hello everyone in LEW land. :p

Hope you have had a great holiday season, but I am wondering how come this thread and the RDI don't show up on the LEW page?? I went looking for the 2010 Discussion thread and saw only a couple games and one proposal had to dig this thread out the back of my subscriptions to post this question? LOL just wondering cause I would like to subscribe to any new LEW threads that are activated.

HM
The boards default to only showing active threads in a certain time window (a month?). If no one has posted to them recently, they don't show. You can change what is shown using the lists at the bottom of the page.

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
Ah so it is true you do learn something new everyday LOL

Thanks stonegod was worried that LEW(3e) was fading away.

HM

Remove ads