Discussion - General Discussion Thread '09

Theroc

First Post
Could you not set up a web-based email account such as gmail for enworld business?

Not without his permission, basically. I've already mentioned this problem to him, and he mentioned planning to look into it, but he has not yet done so, and until he approves a particular web-based email account, I can't rightly use one.

Trouvere

Explorer
Yes, so far. The undead servant was nerfed into uselessness, too.

None of the UA wizard variants strike me as overpowered, though.

The one you're probably interested in - Rapid Summoning - is one of the better ones, since spending an entire round casting a Summon Monster spell can be quite troublesome. Still, a normally summoned monster gets to make a full attack, whereas a rapid-summoned monster is only guaranteed a single attack and then sits around as a target until its next turn, if it survives that long. There's a balancing factor right there.

The Enchanter variant that provides a cohort without having to spend a feat on Leadership is quite nice, too. But you're an Enchanter in a world with Telepath psions, Protection from X and eventually Mind Blank, so there's that. Your 'free' cohort is just a much needed shoulder to cry on.

Theroc

First Post
Hm, I hope this isn't too silly a question, but I was wondering where I would submit an adventure idea. Do I need to email the judges? My internet/email situation remains unresolved, and will likely be unresolved for some time. (My dad needs to have cataract surgery in the coming weeks, and my mother had surgery on her eyes recently, so money is very tight).

Is there an alternative that I can use for the time being until I acquire a ready-access email account? I'll try to prod my father about deciding on an web-based email service, but until then, I've got no email.

Rae ArdGaoth

Explorer
Yes, emailing the judges is the standard procedure. I suppose you could use the boards' PM system, and we could email amongst ourselves if we had any serious need for discussion. The PMs are pretty limited, but they would serve our purpose.

Gmail accounts are free of charge and, in my opinion, better than almost any other option out there. Easy to set up, easy to access, I'd say give your dad the password and go for it.

Otherwise, we'll figure something out. Anything for a DM!

Theroc

First Post
Alright. Are there any judges in that list that I shouldn't worry over PMing? (In other words: Is the judges list up to date?)

As for my adventure. I haven't worked anything out to completion just yet, but I'm planning to start with some very small, straightforward-styled adventures and such. I'll have to double-check who all is in the RDI, to see what range of levels would best fit.

Theroc

First Post
Looking at the RDI occupants list, it would appear that if I wanted to create an adventure for those available, it would need to accommodate characters between levels 6 and 9... that would sound a wee bit difficult to work out as a first time DMing task.

Phoenix8008

First Post
Is B4cchus still around? He was still listed as judge for my Darque Portal adventure which just finished. I've got the adventure summary written up and everything and just wanted to make sure somebody could certify my awards and grant DM credits (in case I ever wanna use them).

Remove ads