• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Discussion - General Discussion Thread XI

Status
Not open for further replies.

Solange

First Post
Maybe it counts for 5 lbs less of encumbrance if the ACP is already 0?

Shadya plans on taking LAO, and I think her dex will be high enough to make use of the max dex still around 9th-10th level when she takes the second feat (22+items at least)

Bront

The man with the probe
Rystil Arden said:
I'm going to start the Council on Saturday regardless,
I might suggest Monday or Tuesday to get more people online. I likely won't be around Monday or Tueday or maybe Sunday.

Bront

The man with the probe
Knight Otu said:
Hu wha? I don't think I've been sleep-posting, but I'm rather at a loss where I have something even remotely like this (especially in light of proposals that have been revisited, like craft points and the leadership changes). I admittedly was ignorant of the extend of LAOs brokenness and our ability to reach high ability scores, but I wasn't dead-set against changing LAO as far as I recall, and I notified someone who took the feat that it might get changed when I was still a character judge.
I had thought you did, or someone else said something to that effect. If not, I'm sorry.

Rystil Arden

First Post
Bront said:
I might suggest Monday or Tuesday to get more people online. I likely won't be around Monday or Tueday or maybe Sunday.
I can't do anything Tuesday. I wake up, take a final at 9 AM, grade a final for the remainder of the day until I hightail it to the airport and catch a flight back to MD. I suppose I can delay until Monday, but it shouldn't be too bad if we start Saturday or Sunday and it takes time for everyone to trickle to the council--in fact, it may be better that way, as we want to give the LLtQ and NotA people time to trickle in too.

Bront

The man with the probe
SlagMortar said:
Not really. I'm comfortable with a GM credit being spent on a character with the explanation being that the character gained the experience through some off screen encounter. As far as I know, encounters are the only way to gain XP. Whether that encounter happened in an actual adventure or an off screen adventure written into a character's back story doesn't matter to me, but I don't like having new ways of gaining XP.
Most GMs award roleplay XP, and players earn XP just due to time.

Bront

The man with the probe
Rystil Arden said:
I can't do anything Tuesday. I wake up, take a final at 9 AM, grade a final for the remainder of the day until I hightail it to the airport and catch a flight back to MD. I suppose I can delay until Monday, but it shouldn't be too bad if we start Saturday or Sunday and it takes time for everyone to trickle to the council--in fact, it may be better that way, as we want to give the LLtQ and NotA people time to trickle in too.
I see, so you're forming it on Sunday, but it might actualy start midweek.

Rystil Arden

First Post
Bront said:
I see, so you're forming it on Sunday, but it might actualy start midweek.
The Party is Stage 1. The Council is Stage 2. The splitting happens there, and then we're at Stage 3, where there is a kickass Mega-Adventure. Obviously, Stage 3 won't be able to start yet (probably not for a bit due to Christmas holidays for many of our regulars), but we can still go to Stage 2 imminently.

Patlin

Explorer
I'm travelling, so if I don't respond immediately feel free to NPC Ironwolf and Tor. I should have internet access, but I may not check in as often as usual.

Erekose13

Explorer
I'm good with this coming week, though I've got a lot of deadlines to complete before I take off on next Thursday for a week's holiday in Ontario. I'll have access to a computer some times, but not much.

orsal

LEW Judge
Does the Academy of the Chromatic Order take older students, e.g. an adventurer with a few levels in another class who only multiclasses as wizard mid-career? I vaguely recall something about wanting them when they are still impressionable (although not too old), but I can't find anything to that effect, and I may be confusing that imagined policy with the real one of not taking students who have already cultivated some arcane talent.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Remove ads