• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

(Discussion) General Part II

Status
Not open for further replies.

Macbeth

First Post
Yeah, I just got an email telling me that some characters are leveling up, and I need to know exactly what we are looking for in leveled up characters as far as hp. One thing that i do like and I think should be standard is a xp history in the bottom of the character post. Take a look at Remi Odaren for an example.

Pyrex

First Post
For the record, I assumed half-round-down (d8 = 4hp) when I updated Remi to Lvl2.

I also figured we'd need some kind of XP History list to keep people honest. :)

Thels

First Post
There should be an XP thread where all XP's are posted by either the various DM's, or the Judges overseeing them, so XP can be checked up rather quickly.

I do remember more than half HP/level. Not entirely sure how many, though. Congratz on gaining the level, you guys seem to be the quickest (though we might once our current combat is done, not sure).

Thomas Hobbes

First Post
Creamsteak said:
Erm... the feats to gain certain degrees of political power/etc. were the rules arbitration that would go hand and hand with the actual gaming to get to that point...

Sorta like how Leadership (in any game I've ran) doesn't get you x followers instantly, you actually have to find every last one of them and all, the feat just provides mechanics (and a limit) to that ability.

Hmm. Point taken. Another question, though- if someone took the feat for, say, "Town," and then later wanted "City", would that require both feats? Would it be a feat tree, or like leadership, where a "score" determines how much of a settlement you get?

Macbeth

First Post
Janos, I keep having problems with getting email to you, whenever I reply I get a failure delivery notice, so I'll post here:

I've looked over your character (sorry for the delay, I think I've
sorted out my email problems), and I think you've spent 1 skill point
too many. Your skill points should be 28=(2+5)x4, but my count is 29.
Fell free to correct me if I'm wrong, or change it if my assesment is
wrong. Thanks,

Macbeth, a.k.a. Sage

Uriel

Living EN World Judge
Creamsteak said:
Which judge reviewed the xp award anyway? I'd also like a report if that's alright.

Sorry CS, 'my bad' as they say.
Neither you nor garyh had mentioned that you were watching the game, so I DMed it on the fly.

'A Hunting Trip, LEW Vingette'.

I can give you a break down of the XP rewards if you lie, but i posted it to the thrad itself so that the players could see.

In essence, I think I was the Dm and the Judge :O

-Uriel

WizWrm

First Post
Er, since I've gotten no feedback at all, I wrote up some rules regarding starting with higher-level characters or level-adjusted races. I don't know if this is even something you want to allow, but I made a proposal anyway. Let me know if you want to throw it away or modify it.

....which just crashed and got lost. Basically, there are two options: retire an existing character to recreate another at 2/3 the XP, or transfer XP on a 1:1 basis from an existing character without losing the character (like creating a magic item), though only down to the minimum necessary for the existing character to maintain his current level. Level-adjusted races need a judge's approval and are created in the same manner, but - possibly, depending on what the judges think - retiring an existing character may let you swap XP at 1:1 (for total ECL; 1000 XP gets you a 0 XP aasimar or a 2nd level human) for level-adjusted races, because level-adjusted characters are still slightly less powerful than normal races of the same ECL, due to lost level-based benefits, like hit points or feats.

Last edited:

Macbeth

First Post
I like these guidelines for monster charaters, but then I tend to be very open minded when it comes to monster PCs, so lets wait for the other judges.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Remove ads