(Discussion) General Part VII

Status
Not open for further replies.

Goldhawk

First Post
How about this?

Guys, I think you need to arrange things a little bit. I heard great things of LEW. And by looking and reading some of the gameworld's info, it got a great pontential.

However, I want to suggest one thing.
How about putting up a thread dedicated to links to information about LEW?
For instance,

[Thread Title(yadda yadda)]

LEW information
History of so and so
[link]
Places information
[link]
Map
[link]
House rules
[link]

LEW FAQ
[link]

LEW Ongoing Adventures
The Search for so and so...
[link]

LEW Recruiting Adventures
Big Daddy Revenge(eg.)
[link]

LEW Gods and Pantheons
[link]

LEW Accepted Proposals
The Pimp Class(eg.)
[link]
Evil Grandma PrC(eg.) :)
[link]

LEW Proposals
The Craft Points(eg.)
[link]

LEW Discussion Boards
[link]

And you get the general idea ;) . Why not someone set up a link thread like this. It make LEW more newbie-friendly and it may be easier for folks here to search for things. It also help to clarifies some points about LEW (whenever or not some proposal is accepted or not). Moreover, this also make the sticky area less crowded as this kind of thread can help connect a lot of important information.To ensure this kind of thread don't get abused, let only the judges and moderators be the only ones that can post in the thread.
Comments?

CCamfield

First Post
Newbie question - can anyone, including (new) players, submit stuff?

When I created my character, which was recently, I looked at the available deities, and I've also been looking at the ones being proposed, and a lot of them seem very specific and I think I have yet see one that my character might be interested in worshipping.

Goldhawk

First Post
Thanks, :)
another suggestion.
How about make the archivomatic thread a sticky or a notice thread?
helps to let everyone(mostly newbie) to find it especially with a BIG attention sign.

Knight Otu

First Post
CCamfield said:
Newbie question - can anyone, including (new) players, submit stuff?
Technically, yes. There could be a few things off limits at the moment that I am not aware of (in the early days, deity submission was limited, but I believe that it is not any longer).

Goldhawk said:
How about make the archivomatic thread a sticky or a notice thread?
That would be up to Creamsteak, or the new mod announced, to do and decide. I'd be for it, however. :)

Creamsteak

Explorer
Not sticking the Archivomatic until I've revised it, and made it editable by the judge account. At that time, it should be much more complete.

As for right now, I'd like to bring up what I typed up as part of the intro for the archivomatic once we've finished sweeping it up:

The official naming conventions for LEW threads are:

(Adventure)
(Announcement)
(Archive)
(Discussion)
(Proposal)
(Tavern)

Adventure: Anything that happens outside of a tavern should have the Adventure descriptor. Completed Adventures (closed threads) are given the (Archive) descriptor to denote that the adventure has become fodder for anyone elses creative impulses to view or use in LEW. This is two-fold. It allows anyone to quickly identify active adventures, and it also allows anyone to determine if an adventure has been completed.

Announcement: Important threads used to inform everyone. Announcements are always sticky. The thread you are reading right now is a permanent announcement thread. Important day-to-day material is given the Announcement descriptor as well, to denote that it is not just a running archive of information.

Archive: Completed Adventures and approved Proposals are given the Archive descriptor. Other threads that need to be saved also share the Archive descriptor. Wait for a moderator to give any thread the Archive descriptor, as it must be closed and catalogued in this thread.

Discussion: Out of character discussion threads are given the Discussion descriptor. General Discussion is for talking about general issues. Short questions should still have the discussion descriptor, and after being resolved they will be deleted from the forum if they serve no further use. Lengthy discussions are locked and linked in this thread for future reference. There is a General Discussion thread for most questions at a given time.

Proposal: In addition to the System Reference document, LEW approves it's own homebrew material. In order to get approved, the thread needs to be put into a proposal thread, which will be reviewed. There is always one proposal thread at the top of the forum to show that it has precedence as the current proposal to be discussed by the approval council. As a general guideline, proposals with mechanical effects (prestige classes, regional feats, spells and powers) should not be too different from the core rules and what can be referenced in the SRD. This is because LEW is meant to be pick-up-and-play compatible.

Tavern: Tavern threads are used as meeting places for characters. A Tavern must be officially accepted, and the current Tavern threads are listed in the Tavern section of this thread. Note that a Tavern descriptor also denotes that a location is completely "Safe." This means that threats of violence cannot be carried out in a Tavern, and attempts to do so will result in the legitimate authority for the Tavern coming down on the dangerous party.

I've made some new claims in there, and eliminated the extraneous "Vignette" title and retired the "Record" title. Also, please make sure you follow the conventions exactly, including capitalizing the letters properly. This makes it easier on me when I comb the forum for new threads based on name.

Goldhawk

First Post
If I remember, I seen a LEW FAQ thread somewhere in the forums.
In the Archivomatic thread, how about posting its link in the top section, so us newbie who wasn't sure of something can reference there.

Kahuna Burger

First Post
I posted a partial proposal with this question, but haven't received any responses, so I'm going to ask the larger question here... Would it be acceptable in LEW to have a diety which had no clerics dedicated to it, but provided a PrC for those it favored. I am thinking of this in regards to the "Lady Luck" diety I'm considering.

Kahuna Burger

Knight Otu

First Post
No problem, as far as I'm concerned.

A quick question - which adventures do not have judges yet? I can't fill them out all, in all likelyhood, but maybe a few.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Remove ads