• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

(Discussion) General Part VII

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Goblin King

First Post
Here is a something that occured to me I thought I would share.

Good: Red Dragon Inn
Chaotic: Wanderlust Inn
Evil: Flayed Elf Inn
Lawful: ?

Knight Otu

First Post
Creamsteak said:
Rather than introduce another significant title to the 6 listed, I think the better route would be to find a better word than "adventure" that describes both sets of scenerios, if it bothers you.
It doesn't bother me so much that it needs to be changed, but it is still odd. I mean, it has all the things that an adventure would have, except that in most cases it would not be, well, adventurous. Maybe at the end of such a thread name, you could add a tag like [Place], or something like that. For example:

(Adventure) Ashnar's Tower - Judge [Place]

Creamsteak

Explorer
I'm passing an email over to Scorpio to ask about the map. If the situation is that he won't be able to finish it, I'm considering contacting Crabclaw about handling a map. He's been handling some neat cartography over in the arts forum, and the bit he did that made me most think of LEW was this bit. It's fairly "defined" in a way that I like. Anyone else have any recommendations on the matter?

Uriel

Living EN World Judge
My comp is down until friday afternoon. I'm at work right now. I should be able to post again regularly by then (Friday afternoon). My notes are at home now, or I would just post for the haunted halls from here.

-Ron/Uriel

Knight Otu

First Post
Creamsteak, did you have any luck? If not, Crabclaw would be a good choicce.

I've seen that people have problems with formatting in Code tags. I ran into that problem earlier myself - four spaces in a code tag create a tab.

Code:
 0 spaces
  1 space
   2 spaces
    3 spaces
 	4 spaces
 	 5 spaces
 	  6 spaces
 	   7 spaces
 		8 spaces

Kahuna Burger

First Post
Knight Otu said:
I've seen that people have problems with formatting in Code tags. I ran into that problem earlier myself - four spaces in a code tag create a tab.

however, if you write the information in a standard word processer that can use actual tabs, those translate nicely. I'll be using that strategy from here on out.

btw, the feat and merciful PrC was unstickied at one no and one probable yes, with no other comments. the archivomatic doesn't list it as accepted rejected or skipped. (The currently stickied thread isn't feeling much love either.) Anyway, if some other judges could say yes or no (or, I know its hear but just don't care) it would be helpful.

Kahuna Burger

Manzanita

First Post
PrC

I'm reluctant to vote on the Meriful Prestige Class, or most other classes, feats, races, spells and such. All my 3E & 3.5E gaming has been done PbP, and the vast majority of it at low levels. For me to make a good judgement on the relative power level of these rule additions, or their effect on the game, would take more time than I'm inclined to spend on them. I'm much more interested in history, geography, guilds, chronologies, plot hooks, playing and DMing. For me, these sorts of things add much more to our world. I hope this doesn't seem to be a cop-out. I'd be happy to relinquish my position as judge with no hard feelings if I'm not fullfilling my role, but for now, I tend to abstain from votes on these types of proposals.

GnomeWorks

Adventurer
I'm looking for a DM...

If any DMs have read Troi's backstory, then you know - at some point in the future - that he will head back to Lathirn and hunt down Zidaniel.

I think that, after his recent misadventures with certain bandits, he will decide to head to Lathirn before he gets himself killed. Chances are such that, the next time he's in the Red Dragon, he will say his goodbyes and get on the road.

That means that I'll need a DM.

Troi is still currently involved in an adventure, so this isn't a "I need a DM now!" type deal. However, this will probably require a small amount of work on the DM's part, as I'd prefer Troi's trek to Lathirn and subsequent hunt for Zidaniel to be RP-heavy; I'm not saying that I'm averse to combat, of course. :)

So, if anybody's interested, please reply! :) If you need any information other than what I've provided on Zidaniel and Lathirn, feel free to make it up or email me for more specifics.

Just so you know, I'm planning on having Troi go alone on this one. It is possible that he might be accompanied by one or two other people, at most, but right now I'm planning on it being just him.

Thanks in advance! :)

nimisgod

LEW Judge
Hey everyone, I would just like to tell everyone of the new ruling on unapproved characters:

Unapproved characters going on adventures before they've been approved do not get any XP for them.

Those of you who are playing unapproved characters in adventures right now need not panic just yet, though. This rule will go into effect one week from now. So before then, those of you who are playing unapproved characters must should email me (nimisgod@hotmail.com or nimisgod@yahoo.com) for character approvals.

Failure to do so by the end of the week will result in the notification of the GMs and Judges of your respective LEW games to deny you XP for the adventure.

If you are unsure of whether your character is approved or not, either send me an email at one (or both) of the aforementioned email addresses or check the list of approved characters at page 1 of the Official Character Thread.

GMs, please take the time to notify unapproved PCs in your game of this ruling. Thank you.

GnomeWorks

Adventurer
Judges - I'd like some clarification on the 100 XP/month thing...

You do get this XP while you're on an adventure, correct? So, for every month of RL time that is spent while your character is in an adventure, s/he gets 100 XP in addition to any XP gained IC.

I don't know if this is being implemented in the new games, but what about the old ones, where it definitely wasn't being used? Ones that were finished before this idea came up?

For instance, Troi should have around 1000 more XP than he has, as he has been in adventures almost constantly since I created him last August.

What do I do about that? Does he not get the 100 XP/month, due to that not having been in effect back then? Or does he get them?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Remove ads