• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Discussion of Scotley's upcoming 4e Swashbuckler Game

Leif

Adventurer
OOC: Okay, the interrupts have really screwed things up. As I fear they will frequently do. So here's the deal. The wounded Orc on the balcony is now prone. The other didn't hit Ali and Colin after all and you guys got to whoop up on them. The next problem is Colin's push. There is a wall directly behind those guys on the balcony. You can push him along the balcony, but not back to Francois as he will still be below the Orc with a ceiling/floor between them and an interposing wall. Sorry for the confusion. If you do push the Orc along the balcony he'll be shoved into the other Archer's square. I have no idea how to adjudicate that, so I've got to dust off my Rules Compendium....
I can think of two ways to approach this problem, one way that's good for the pcs and the other, well, ahh, not so much. You could rule that the "pushee" orc spoils the other orc archer's aim, and that he [the other orc archer] loses his next attack as a consequence. :) Or you could rule, in that, in accordance with the 3.5 rules at least, allies can freely move through each others spaces, and so there may be no negative consequences for either orc, other than being pushed around. :-S

[sblock=Scotley]If you really want a more definitive answer, s@squ@tch seems to be quite knowledgeable about such things.[/sblock]

Last edited:

Rhun

First Post
I can think of two ways to approach this problem, one way that's good for the pcs and the other, well, ahh, not so much. You could rule that the "pushee" orc spoils the other orc archer's aim, and that he [the other orc archer] loses his next attack as a consequence. :) Or you could rule, in that, in accordance with the 3.5 rules at least, allies can freely move through each others spaces, and so there may be no negative consequences for either orc, other than being pushed around. :-S

Nah, the proper and dramatic way to handle it is the orc is knocked into his archer companion, and they both fall to the ground in a pile. SWEET!

Insight

Adventurer
Nah, the proper and dramatic way to handle it is the orc is knocked into his archer companion, and they both fall to the ground in a pile. SWEET!

However you want to handle it is fine by me. Colin doesn't have to push the Orc at all; all such things are optional effects. I could see ruling that since Colin critted, he might have the option to knock the guy prone instead of pushing him (since he really can't and honestly, I didn't realize that from the map).

Rhun

First Post
However you want to handle it is fine by me. Colin doesn't have to push the Orc at all; all such things are optional effects. I could see ruling that since Colin critted, he might have the option to knock the guy prone instead of pushing him (since he really can't and honestly, I didn't realize that from the map).

I'm sure Scotley can come up with something suitably creative.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads