Discussion of the LEW Panthon (and potential changes)

Rystil Arden

First Post
Bront said:
Then perhaps A) she should be moved up the ladder in power (a few of them have already). B) Have secrets removed (I never understood that, and it doesn't even fit well in her writeup, and there are other gods that fit better with it), C) Explicitly state she's the goddess of passion (That overlaps another goddess, but so what?) and D) Create a marriage/hearth goddess.

Halina does deal with marriage to a point, so in theory she could count as your marriage goddess, but I think that's stretching it a bit to consider her THE marriage goddess.
One could just make her the goddess of love rather than passion, then you don't even need to have passion included and worry about overlap. And I forget if she has beauty. If not, does anyone?

Maybe keep Ulura the Goddess of (Secret) Lovers and Secrets (Lovers being a more relatively obscure portfolio than all Love) and a Demipower, but add a new goddess who does Love and Beauty more directly?

Bront

The man with the probe
Rystil Arden said:
One could just make her the goddess of love rather than passion, then you don't even need to have passion included and worry about overlap. And I forget if she has beauty. If not, does anyone?

Maybe keep Ulura the Goddess of (Secret) Lovers and Secrets (Lovers being a more relatively obscure portfolio than all Love) and a Demipower, but add a new goddess who does Love and Beauty more directly?
She's got beauty in her portfolio via her description, just doesn't actualy have it noted. I'd be more inclined to shift her to love and beauty than secret lovers and secrets unless you intend on adding another love and beauty goddess (perhaps a CG one?)

I think she was made a demigod mostly because it was back in the days when they didn't have them much higher (at one point there was only 1 intermediate and no greater gods). Also the other Passion goddess is evil, so an overlap that allows for good worshipers would help a bit.

Rystil Arden

First Post
Bront said:
She's got beauty in her portfolio via her description, just doesn't actualy have it noted. I'd be more inclined to shift her to love and beauty than secret lovers and secrets unless you intend on adding another love and beauty goddess (perhaps a CG one?)

I think she was made a demigod mostly because it was back in the days when they didn't have them much higher (at one point there was only 1 intermediate and no greater gods). Also the other Passion goddess is evil, so an overlap that allows for good worshipers would help a bit.
There's no need to change it to passion, though. Love is close enough and not changing it can keep it more distinct. There's no reason to get into an argument over semantics. Plus, the point of Amphousa having less controversial things like passion is to entice more reasonable normal people rather than crazy-destroy-the-world-evil people to worship her.

As to why she was a demipower, I seem to remember a patently idiotic rule that used to exist that allowed Judges and posters who the Judges liked better to create stronger deities and prevented others from doing so--that rule is likely why.

Bront

The man with the probe
Good point.

I think I can do a good CG love goddess to balance things out a bit, and if you want to keep Ulura with Secret Lovers, Secrets, and prehaps beauty, then go for it.

Perhaps Ulura is the unatainable beauty. Always viewed as not with anyone, though attached to secret trysts with many of the gods. Lover and fantasy of everyone, but atainable and acknowledged by no one? A little flavor text like that goes a long way.

Rystil Arden

First Post
Bront said:
Good point.

I think I can do a good CG love goddess to balance things out a bit, and if you want to keep Ulura with Secret Lovers, Secrets, and prehaps beauty, then go for it.

Perhaps Ulura is the unatainable beauty. Always viewed as not with anyone, though attached to secret trysts with many of the gods. Lover and fantasy of everyone, but atainable and acknowledged by no one? A little flavor text like that goes a long way.
If we make a CG Love goddess who is a Greater Power, I would give her beauty and keep Ulura with secrets and lovers' trysts.

I would suggest to be wary with the CG love goddess though--it is very easy to fall into the trap of making one that is boring or an Aphrodite clone.

Bront

The man with the probe
Rystil Arden said:
If we make a CG Love goddess who is a Greater Power, I would give her beauty and keep Ulura with secrets and lovers' trysts.

I would suggest to be wary with the CG love goddess though--it is very easy to fall into the trap of making one that is boring or an Aphrodite clone.
I'm stealing/tweeking Valera from my setting. I think I got something interesting.

Solange

First Post
So, I see the Great Shepherd leads his flock of souls.... where does he lead them too? Is there some kind of established afterlife on Enworld?

Rystil Arden

First Post
Solange said:
So, I see the Great Shepherd leads his flock of souls.... where does he lead them too? Is there some kind of established afterlife on Enworld?
Well, maybe like most shepherds, he leads them to a place where he can use them for wool and the occasional mutton :lol:

Remove ads