Discussion of the LEW Panthon (and potential changes)

Sparky

Howdy there. :D Thought I'd chime in, seeing that the pantheon's getting a dusting. Thanks dpdx for the heads up.

About the Seven Sisters:

I wrote up most of them, and I wrote them up as demigods because at the time of the writing I was just having fun creating religious flavor for the world. Also because it was unclear just what it meant for gods to be lesser, intermediate and greater gods. So I figured it would step on the least toes to make them demigods.

They were all supposed to be the same level of deity OOC, I never was sure why some of them weren't. Oversight perhaps. For the record, it matters not at all to me (or them) what grade deity they are. If it doesn't have any impact on the clerics, I'd make them all the same level - or - as you have proposed, reverse engineer some reason why they are different. But, for the record, my original thought was that they'd be the same level. Having said that, it could be interesting to generate tension between them if some of them have shifted - up or down - in the standings of the divine over the years.

Also, I had imagined they are the children of one goddess. I never specified who. I could be misremembering, but at the time of the writing I don't think there was an appropriate mother goddess in the pantheon, I assumed there would be one day, so I just left that out. Choose any goddess you wish. Or none. There is something interesting to me about the mother being unknown or a secret.

Geoth:

Good ol' Geoth. He's my favorite, but don't tell the others. I SO should have played a devotee of his when I was more active here.

Taurusk:

Don't forget Taurusk's Riders! I see in this thread that there's a need for Evil gods - well, there's four of them ready to go. And they're REALLY interested in enhancing their own power (by getting Taurusk out, leaving him in, grabbing power for themselves in any possible way), so they're probably quite active. Whichever of the three isn't on Blood Watch, that is. Blood Watch is bringing blood to Taurusk, they take turns. Aren't they sweet?

---

Glad to see LEW still chugging along and I applaud your ongoing efforts to keep the place fresh. Maybe one day I'll shake the dust off of Rainca or Ioleta... or roll some new blood.

Bront

The man with the probe
Great to hear from you two :) Glad we have your blessings to revisit the deities. Most of the changes are minor, and we should slowly expand on their flavor a bit as well, because a flavor rich god adds to the atmosphere as much as anything else.

dpdx, have you seen the artiface domain? It may be close enough to the Forge domain to make no bones about it, and has the added bonus of being SRD already.

Rystil Arden

First Post
Bront said:
Great to hear from you two :) Glad we have your blessings to revisit the deities. Most of the changes are minor, and we should slowly expand on their flavor a bit as well, because a flavor rich god adds to the atmosphere as much as anything else.

dpdx, have you seen the artiface domain? It may be close enough to the Forge domain to make no bones about it, and has the added bonus of being SRD already.
Yup, it's great to hear from some of the originals--if you guys ever do come back, I hope you enjoy the new gods and connections between the gods that we are adding in :)

dpdx

Explorer
Thanks, folks.

I looked at the Artifice domain. Count me in, and color me impressed. That ought to work out very nicely for clerics of Chennet'.

Manzanita

First Post
Erekose13 said:
If these are the changes:
Antonidas: Add Artifice domain.
Hyrag: Move to Intermediate deity, Add Glory domain.
Verdante: Move to Intermediate Deity
Chennet': Add Artifice domain.
Gliran: Add Rune domain.
Shurassa: Add Weather domain.

I vote Yes.

I'll go for this. Yes.

Remove ads