Discussion of the LEW Panthon (and potential changes)

Rystil Arden

First Post
Erekose13 said:
Let me know if there are any that are close. I think I agreed with many of your points, but hadnt had the time to reply on them yet. Your original post made me actually read all the deities with a critical eye for the first time.
Delanor's a guy, not a girl. Anyway, I'll post a stub for the Greater Water Deity soon :)

Rystil Arden

First Post
With only two Water Deities though, I'd like to see what you've got in mind.

Okay here goes a quick stub--too much evil lately, let's have someone nice and friendly:

Galatea, Goddess of the Waters
The Blue Lady, The Dolphin Queen, The Azure Calm, The Soothing Mist, The Flow that Connects us All

Enworldian Greater Deity
Symbol: A gentle drop of water that becomes a mighty ocean as it falls
Home Plane: ???
Alignment: Neutral Good
Portfolio: Water, Oceans, Serenity, Gentle Sea Creatures, Commonality of all People and Animals, Travel, Soothing
Worshippers: Merfolk and other Good-aligned aquatic races, Intelligent sea animals, Nymphs, Fisherman, those praying for bountiful water or rain
Cleric Alignments: Lawful Good, Neutral Good, Chaotic Good
Domains: Water, Good, Weather, Travel, Healing
Favoured Weapon:

Bront

The man with the probe
I would hate to draw her symbol :confused:

I like it, though I'd like to see more on her. I like how she's also a racial deity, but still open to all.

Rystil Arden

First Post
Bront said:
I would hate to draw her symbol :confused:

I like it, though I'd like to see more on her. I like how she's also a racial deity, but still open to all.
Yeah, more coming. Just making sure the consensus isn't "This is moronic, RA" by presenting the stub as a sanity check :D Yeah, I thought a racial deity that everyone else could worship too would be cool. I was going to tie that into her history, actually, and maybe add a feat. I'm thinking the ability to breathe underwater is probably a fair feat, and it can be followed with a second feat in the chain that gives the [Aquatic] subtype and a Swim speed :cool:

Bront

The man with the probe
Knight Otu said:
I had my thoughts as well. Many mirror your thoughts, it seems.

Antonidas: Add Artifice domain.
Hyrag: Move to Intermediate deity, add Glory domain.
Verdante: Move to Intermediate Deity
Chennet': Needs Forge domain, or Artifice.
Gliran: Add Rune domain. Perhaps create an "Efficiency" domain allowing use of good and evil spells without penalty
Shurassa: Add Weather domain.
If we assume Chennet' gets the Artiface domain, and ignore the Efficiency domain for now, should we propose these changes? I haven't seen anyone argue them.

Erekose13

Explorer
If these are the changes:
Hyrag: Move to Intermediate deity, Add Glory domain.
Chennet': Add Artifice domain.
Gliran: Add Rune domain.

I vote Yes.

Salix

First Post
Spea, Demigod of the Desert
The Toad, The Rainbringer
Enworldian Demigod
Symbol: A large Toad Head
Home Plane: ???
Alignment: Neutral Good
Portfolio: Survival,Perseverance,Fertility
Worshippers: Desert tribes, Caravan Guards, those who are weathering a personal storm
Cleric Alignments: Lawful Good, Neutral Good, Chaotic Good
Domains: Water, Weather,
Favoured Weapon:,

Spea is an almost forgotten god who has lost prominance since the rise of newer members of the Pantheon. He is one of the last of the totem gods who preceded the current Pantheon. Primarily he has hung on in the wastelands. His followers are comprised of primitive tribes, caravan guards, settlers in the desert, couples trying to concieve who have been ignored by Halina, and people trying to outlive bad situations.

Clerics of Spea typically attend to primitive tribe members. Clerics often have more than one wife, given the fertile nature of Spea, and are highly esteemed members of the tribes. Clerics are aesthetics and aquire no more wealth than needed to sustain, since they believe everyone should only take their share and no more. Young clerics of Spea are encouraged to leave their tribe and bring resources back. They are also encouraged to help those who are oppressed in order to spread word of the benevolence of Spea.

What do you guys think? Thought I'd throw something out there for comment and clean it up from there.

Bront

The man with the probe
Erekose13 said:

I vote Yes.
Cool. We probably should stick that in an official Proposal thread, but I can do that later.

Knight Otu

First Post
Erekose13 said:

I vote Yes.
So do I.

dpdx

Explorer
WOW. Nice work so far. As Chennet's author, and a former LEW Judge myself, I wish I'd seen this thread earlier.

I may still have my notes on the Forge domain (or, having posted them way back when, they might be archived) I was proposing shortly after Chennet' got added to the pantheon. Trouble is, from my POV, the domain preceded the Craft Point system, and still would have needed to be reworked in light of that. So presuming I/we can find that, it's a work in progress, still.

I'll also let Sparky know that her deities are being looked over. I think it's healthy that we revisit this stuff, lest it get stale and detract from the world.

Thanks!

Remove ads