• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Discussion of the LEW Panthon (and potential changes)

Rystil Arden

First Post
Bront said:
Well, they could be aspects of Urdiga then.

I did drop Urdiga to Intermediate btw
I think you're right though that they don't fit with Urdiga well enough to be aspects. No worries--it was fun, and this is the reason I didn't work out all the other flavour text--I expected them not to make it. I just wanted to see what they would look like if they did.

Of course, there may be some way for all of them to fit in, if Urdiga stole Temptation from Espra or something like that as part of her creation of the Undead, and thus they are bitter enemies. Urdiga's faithful would believe it was because Espra was old and weak, and Urdiga had become powerful enough to eclipse her, and Espra's followers, especially those who follow Disnomia, would believe that it was all part of a greater lan of the Dark Lady that would manifest in the distant future. Whoever is right, Espra has been either unable or unwilling to manifest herself in her full form as a Greater Goddess, and she seems to be split into her twin (Lesser Deity status) aspects of Amphousa and Disnomia at least for the moment, leading to a stand-off between the three goddesses.

Bront

The man with the probe
Oh, and RA, that looked sorta good. Wasn't inacurate enough from anything she told you, so that lets you fill in your blanks ;)

Bront

The man with the probe
Rystil Arden said:
I think you're right though that they don't fit with Urdiga well enough to be aspects. No worries--it was fun, and this is the reason I didn't work out all the other flavour text--I expected them not to make it. I just wanted to see what they would look like if they did.

Of course, there may be some way for all of them to fit in, if Urdiga stole Temptation from Espra or something like that as part of her creation of the Undead, and thus they are bitter enemies. Urdiga's faithful would believe it was because Espra was old and weak, and Urdiga had become powerful enough to eclipse her, and Espra's followers, especially those who follow Disnomia, would believe that it was all part of a greater lan of the Dark Lady that would manifest in the distant future. Whoever is right, Espra has been either unable or unwilling to manifest herself in her full form as a Greater Goddess, and she seems to be split into her twin (Lesser Deity status) aspects of Amphousa and Disnomia at least for the moment, leading to a stand-off between the three goddesses.
Fighting amongst the gods, that sounds good :)

Rystil Arden

First Post
Bront said:
Oh, and RA, that looked sorta good. Wasn't inacurate enough from anything she told you, so that lets you fill in your blanks ;)
Yeah, I figured Rayni wouldn't get it perfect and would fill it in with her own details as the story solidified in her head around the holes :)

Bront

The man with the probe
Rystil Arden said:
Want me to do a fuller write-up?
Sure.

In fact, Ben was proposing a deity that had killed another one with the help of Urdiga. Perhaps this was the one god, who, when cleaved down the middle, became two less powerful aspects of that one greater god, and hense the rivalry with Urdiga, knowing that she was the one truely behind it.

Rystil Arden

First Post
Bront said:
Sure.

In fact, Ben was proposing a deity that had killed another one with the help of Urdiga. Perhaps this was the one god, who, when cleaved down the middle, became two less powerful aspects of that one greater god, and hense the rivalry with Urdiga, knowing that she was the one truely behind it.
Hmm, don't like that last as much. Having her steal Temptation is better--with Misdirection and the fact that she was probably weaker at the time, stealing makes more sense. Think of another god for them to kill, and I'll do the write-up.

BigB

First Post
LE God

I will make changes and write the proposal for the LE god of tyranny and slavery. It seems we will have an abundance of adventure hooks through these proposals.

Rystil Arden

First Post
Bront said:
Maybe it was a distraction then ;)
Maybe. That's a pretty big distraction, though. Anyways, Espranachtis is done. Cower before the Queen of Shadow! :]

Oh, by the way, I had an interesting idea that I thought might be cool with respect to Urdiga and Espranachtis, but I didn't want to put it in the official dogma page because it would be a secret.

Remove ads