• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Discussion of the LEW Panthon (and potential changes)

Rystil Arden

First Post
Bront said:
Secret is good ;)
So, I was thinking that Espranachtis corrupted the domain, expecting Urdiga to grab it, creating a mystic backdoor that she uses to subtly manipulate the Lady of Undeath. And so, although the two are enemies on the surface, Espranachtis actually subtly aids in Urdiga's rise to power, and for another reason as well. The elder goddess believes that when Urdiga has gained more power than she can handle (which will be Greater Deity status), the younger goddess will begin to bloat with power, and at this time, Espranachtis will marshal the power she has stored this whole time to make a decisive strike to excise the malignant cyst inside of Urdiga built from the corruption and fed with power, creating a third aspect that is Neutral Evil like Espra and would be her favourite, even as it knocks Urdiga back down to Intermediate or even Lesser status. Urdiga does not seem to be aware of this plan, since Espranachtis has kept it a fairly dark secret all to herself, but perhaps the Lady of Undeath has discovered it and continues onward anyway, mirroring Espra in her desire to have a deliciously evil new daughter-aspect born from the unholy union of the two goddessess.

Rystil Arden

First Post
BigB said:
I will make changes and write the proposal for the LE god of tyranny and slavery. It seems we will have an abundance of adventure hooks through these proposals.
By the by, the Cult of Arrhim seems like it may have obviated the need for a deity of this, or at least, the Cult would seem silly if there was already a deity that stands for exactly the same thing.

Bront

The man with the probe
How would a master of the elements and guardian of the towers deity fit into the pantheon?

all 4 elements need a little more representation, as do plant and animal, so was pondering more ways to include them.

I think we're pretty close to fillout out the pantheon, and then we can add/correct/adjust some of the current deities.

Bront

The man with the probe
Rystil Arden said:
By the by, the Cult of Arrhim seems like it may have obviated the need for a deity of this, or at least, the Cult would seem silly if there was already a deity that stands for exactly the same thing.
Perhaps the cult seeks to overthrow the other deity. Or perhaps the cult is a perversion of his beliefs or even a spurned former friend of the god (who was once a mortal). Wait till you see the proposal.

Erekose13

Explorer
Yeah I was wondering about the elements too. We've got quite a few earth deities, so I'd be tempted to fill it out with individuals rather than one master. The Towers are a great part of LEW that I want to see used as much as possible, so I'd be up for seeing where we can go with something like that.

Rystil Arden

First Post
Erekose13 said:
Yeah I was wondering about the elements too. We've got quite a few earth deities, so I'd be tempted to fill it out with individuals rather than one master. The Towers are a great part of LEW that I want to see used as much as possible, so I'd be up for seeing where we can go with something like that.
I agree with Erekose. I would think that Espranachtis's remaining essence, still yet to manifest in its full power, may be lurking, coiled around the Negative Energy Tower that reminds her of home. Meanwhile. if we promote Hyrag, he can do Positive Energy. Then we have earth and air, and I think fire. Are we missing water? I can do water :)

Erekose13

Explorer
So far for those four domains we have:
Air Phyrah Shurassa Halor
Earth Verdante Chennet Sela Geoth Gundar Shural
Fire Chennet Geoth Ayratha
Water Delanor Shurassa

With Halor and Gundar occupying the top echelons of their respective elements. Ayratha is a demigod and the other two dont have Fire as a main component of their portfolios. Delanor could be filled out to occupy the Water roll as she is an Intermediate deity of a pretty narrow focus. (or we could lower her). With only two Water Deities though, I'd like to see what you've got in mind.

Erekose13

Explorer
Let me know if there are any that are close. I think I agreed with many of your points, but hadnt had the time to reply on them yet. Your original post made me actually read all the deities with a critical eye for the first time.

Remove ads