Disney buying Lucasfilm for $4 billion! More Star Wars movies coming!

Votan

Explorer
Yeah, I suspect that this will end up being a good thing, one way or the other. The best that can happen is some really cool movies. The worst is that we just pretend the series ended after Revenge of the Sith.

Zaukrie

New Publisher
I vote good news. Now we get new movies, a theme park for my eventual grand kids, and maybe even tv shows on ABC.

At least now we have a chance of more content, and maybe some of it is good.

Relique du Madde

Adventurer
Thrawn Trilogy please.

Edit:
Oh, and since Disney owns Marvel, and Dark Horse publishes Star Wars comics... I wonder what'll happen there...
and maybe, just maybe we'll get some new Star Wars Flight games in the vein of the original X-Wing and Tie Fighter games.

Nothing. Disney tends not to mess with the publishing rights of their licensed properties (until the license expires). Case in point, I dont think they have moved any of the Disney Adventures line from Boom Comics and several other titles from other small publishers to Marvel.

-Sent via a cybernetic device.

Dannyalcatraz

Schmoderator
Staff member
Supporter
1) given that the original Star Wars was based on a rather gritty samurai movie, it can only be partially true that it was aimed at kids.

2) in addition, good entertainment aimed at young'uns is also enjoyable by adults. See classic WB cartoons...and the original Star Wars movie.

Dannyalcatraz

Schmoderator
Staff member
Supporter
Anywho, I'm looking forward to the creation of a Mos Eisley Cantina themed dinnertainment venue along the lines of the Tiki Room...

Or a Pirates of the Kessel Run ride.

Dannyalcatraz

Schmoderator
Staff member
Supporter
I just had a vision of the next trilogy's Sith: he'll be covered in white feathers and have a yellow bill covered with tattoos...

(where's weem when we need him?)

sabrinathecat

Explorer
The prequels just needed more polish. They had a lot of interesting bits (Yoda vs Count Doku for instance, Jango Fett), and even the storyline wasn't bad, I just think he had forgotten how to make movies and perhaps hewed too close to the source materials, the old serials.

I also think people are missing that the series was mostly aimed at young'uns, not adults.

Go to youtube. Look up Redlettermedia. He systematically dissects every mistake made in the prequels. And makes fun of the sort of people who argue about and get upset by that sort of thing in the first place. NOT for kids.

Mark CMG

Creative Mountain Games
The Disney machine could easily put out a movie each year, alternating between live action and animated features. Couple this with all of their other medium efforts and the rich, expanded, Star Wars universe could see tons of material flooding the market for years and years without ever losing steam. DO IT! :)

Remove ads