Disturbing Trend

green slime

First Post
Glyfair said:
Umm, yes. Being decapitated by opponents, perhaps. Dozens of people doing it to themselves? No.

This also doesn't count the self-maiming, maiming or decapitating of your friends, etc. Nearly as many people would die from self inflicted wounds or "friendly fire" as would be killed by the opponents.

Hmmm.... sounds dangerously like having coalition aircraft flying overhead.

MerricB

Eternal Optimist
Supporter
Henry said:
Kim Mohan still works for WotC as "Editing Manager" (apparently has a credit in Player's Handbook 2!)

He's still there as "Editing Manager". Listed in Barrow of the Forgotten King, which only just came out. ;)

Cheers!

TerraDave

5ever, or until 2024
For real trivia: I think that Kim Mohan left about the time that E.G.G did and joined him on his new venture. But obviously returned. So the real question, did he work on Cyborg Commandos (initiate Google)

TerraDave

5ever, or until 2024
He did work on it, he did, he did!!

Cyborg Commando
1st ed by Gary Gygax, Kim Mohan, Larry Mentzner (1987) New Infinities
A sci-fi RPG, playing cyborgs soldiers fighting an alien invasion of Earth by Xenoborgs in 2035. It included background on both the cyborgs defenders as well as the invading aliens (biology, society, and culture). The system used a roll of 1d10 times 1d10 for an odd probability curve that is referenced on a universal chart. The system had a handful of supplements, including "Film at Eleven" (by Guy McLimore, Greg Poehlein, and David Tepool).

(From here: http://www.darkshire.net/~jhkim/rpg/encyclopedia/alphabetical/C.html)

I think there is an article in one of those old Dragons were he anounces he is leaving (maybe also were it was anounced that Col Pladoh had left). Wonder if there is the other one, were he makes his comback? No idea how to find those.

Henry

Autoexreginated
TerraDave said:
Wonder if there is the other one, were he makes his comback? No idea how to find those.

There were two "I'm leaving" articles, a fake one in an April Fools' issue, and I think one for real. :) I don't know when he came back to TSR/WotC, but it was at least as far back as 1998, because IIRC he was the Playtest Coordinator for 3E then.

Glyfair

Explorer
TerraDave said:
For real trivia: I think that Kim Mohan left about the time that E.G.G did and joined him on his new venture. But obviously returned. So the real question, did he work on Cyborg Commandos (initiate Google)

Based on his RPG credit list on Pen & Paper, he seems to have been active for most of TSR's run. There is a break between '90 & '95. However, this is clearly and incomplete listing (his Dragon run is mostly missing, as is Cyborg Commando).

He also seemed to work for West End Games, having worked on a Ghostbusters book that came out in '89.

According to a Wikipedia article in production he worked as Dragon editor from 84-94. He not only worked on Cyborg Commando, he wrote the books.

Last edited:

Thotas

First Post
I've said it a million times: the problems that everyone blames 3.x for are all things that have been around for 30 years plus.

Remove ads