• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D 5E DM Minion 5E Released

Mistwell

Crusty Old Meatwad (he/him)
Yes some of them.

H'okay then...

Those are all under WOTC trademark, and pretty strictly protected by them. Not sure how you're pulling off selling software that uses those trademarks in the same industry as WOTC to WOTC's same set of customers, but good luck!

Ricochet

Explorer
He's pulling it off due to the fact that WotC either doesn't know or doesn't care, if I were to venture a guess. :)

Since it's been around since 4E apparently, it's probably the latter, though I know little of licenses and OGL and all that for either 4E or 5E.

Any word on a Kindle Fire version / Amazon store update?

goathead82

First Post
H'okay then...

Those are all under WOTC trademark, and pretty strictly protected by them. Not sure how you're pulling off selling software that uses those trademarks in the same industry as WOTC to WOTC's same set of customers, but good luck!

Mistwell, we are aware of the licensing and if WOTC decided we were doing something illegal I am sure they would let us know. So far with any of our products they for the D&D line, they have not. We are very careful not to put anything in our applications that would take money away from them. This software started as a way for myself to speed up combat at the game table, not to steal or breach or piss off WOTC. However, if they did contact us we would comply.

As far as "selling" it, I charge for the iPad and android version because it costs money to deploy to those platforms and to purchase/maintain devices for test platforms and to host the website for the game sync stuff. Most of what the app brings in goes right back to it in one way or another.

goathead82

First Post
He's pulling it off due to the fact that WotC either doesn't know or doesn't care, if I were to venture a guess. :)

Since it's been around since 4E apparently, it's probably the latter, though I know little of licenses and OGL and all that for either 4E or 5E.

Any word on a Kindle Fire version / Amazon store update?

Amazon stuff is still on the radar, it really just a matter of deploying it with all the stuff they require. The issue is that we don't have any kindle fire devices to test on so we are not sure that it will work at all. Typically we like to test with at least one HD and one non-HD device, but we just can't justify that cost right now. If you are interesting in beta testing send an email to general@goatheadsoftware.com and we can setup something.

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member

This is not an appropriate way to address other members on EN World. If there's an issue with somebody else's comments, you have three options: report it if it's breaking the rules, debate the issue politely if you care to, or hit "ignore user" if not. Telling somebody else to "go away" is not one of the options.

goathead82

First Post
v1.2.4 Update

Small update releasing today with the following changes:

1) added Passive Perception to players
2) Player PP can be viewed on camp screen
3) Added skills block for monsters that can be set in the monster maintenance page (does not pull from db yet, we will do this one the MM is released)
4) Added ability to move combatants up or down in the initiative order during combat.

Really great tool, the best I've seen. A couple of questions:

* Are the monsters from the 5E monster manual due to be added, and if so when?

* How do people handle changing parties when creating encounters. Say I build Adventure X, with all 7 of my players listed. This week Bob and Sue can't make it, and Fred's halfling is tied to the end of a 10 foot pole, so they don't feature in this encounter. But when I kick off my encounter every character is listed, with no way that I can see to remove them from combat. Having added all their details I don't want to delete them from the Players section, but I also don't want them in the fight. Am I missing something?

goathead82

First Post
Really great tool, the best I've seen. A couple of questions:

* Are the monsters from the 5E monster manual due to be added, and if so when?

* How do people handle changing parties when creating encounters. Say I build Adventure X, with all 7 of my players listed. This week Bob and Sue can't make it, and Fred's halfling is tied to the end of a 10 foot pole, so they don't feature in this encounter. But when I kick off my encounter every character is listed, with no way that I can see to remove them from combat. Having added all their details I don't want to delete them from the Players section, but I also don't want them in the fight. Am I missing something?

CarlosDosBrickos, we are currently getting the MM stats entered. That is currently our main focus and should be ready soon.

We have had a few request to choose which PC can take place in an encounter so we will be adding a feature to support this. We should have this feature in with the next update.

For now you can do the following:

1) start an encounter
2) select the PC that you do not want to take place in combat
3) press the button on the top left of his combat card
4) select the remove combatant option
5) repeat 2-4 as needed

Thanks,
Goathead Software

Rabbitbait

Grog-nerd
If you could please add a function so you can choose to auto roll all PC initiatives, but then the ability to adjust in case one of the PCs decides to use a special ability, that would be much appreciated.

Cheers

Rabbitbait

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads