• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D 5E DM Minion 5E Released

Greg Brouwer

First Post
DM Minion 5E v1.0 has released for Android tablets, PC, and Mac desktops. A Lite version is available for free as well.

Links to the app stores and downloads our home page @ www.goatheadsoftware.com.

Very cool product, the seamlessness between my mac and iPad is great. I also enjoy that it allows the DM to keep track of monster attacks while still being able to adjust monster hp's during the players turn via the "Damage/Healing" interface.

I think a few improvements might be:

a +/- buttons on the side of the slider bars, the "scrolling" is a bit clunky at times, in the Desktop version allowing the Arrow Keys to manipulate that would be helpful as well in my opinion.

The dropbox updates is a bit clunky, or perhaps I'm not grasping the proper way to use it back and forth, maybe some small txt descriptors to go long with the icons?

A sword doesn't always mean load to me, unless I'm going to combat. :)

Also what about shareable Adventure(s) / Encounters / Monsters? or perhaps a website to hold this info? It would be awesome to download the Lost Mine Encounters / Monsters from someone who's create it already. Also very possible I'm missing something there too.

Let me know.

Thanks again for the great work.

<Edited due to my poor grammar>

goathead82

First Post
Very cool product, the seamlessness between my mac and iPad is great. I also enjoy that it allows the DM to keep track of monster attacks while still being able to adjust monster hp's during the players turn via the "Damage/Healing" interface.

I think a few improvements might be:

a +/- buttons on the side of the slider bars, the "scrolling" is a bit clunky at times, in the Desktop version allowing the Arrow Keys to manipulate that would be helpful as well in my opinion.

The dropbox updates is a bit clunky, or perhaps I'm not grasping the proper way to use it back and forth, maybe some small txt descriptors to go long with the icons?

A sword doesn't always mean load to me, unless I'm going to combat. :)

Also what about shareable Adventure(s) / Encounters / Monsters? or perhaps a website to hold this info? It would be awesome to download the Lost Mine Encounters / Monsters from someone who's create it already. Also very possible I'm missing something there too.

Let me know.

Thanks again for the great work.

<Edited due to my poor grammar>

Greg, thanks for the feedback, we will look into the issues. Send an email to general@goatheadsoftware.com and let us know what feels 'clunky' to you with dropbox. As far as share-able adventures this is on our list, we have an idea of how we would do it, but its a large undertaking and we have much more to finish first. The files are on dropbox, so technically you can can pull it off and share it with anyone.

Thanks,
Goathead Software

Greg Brouwer

First Post
Greg, thanks for the feedback, we will look into the issues. Send an email to general@goatheadsoftware.com and let us know what feels 'clunky' to you with dropbox. As far as share-able adventures this is on our list, we have an idea of how we would do it, but its a large undertaking and we have much more to finish first. The files are on dropbox, so technically you can can pull it off and share it with anyone.

Thanks,
Goathead Software

Thanks I've submitted my feature requests.

Do we have a timeline yet for when we would expect the MM data to be entered?

goathead82

First Post
Thanks I've submitted my feature requests.

Do we have a timeline yet for when we would expect the MM data to be entered?

Greg, we are getting close to having all the data in, but we still have to test each monster to make sure its functioning correctly. Best guess is still at least 7 to 14 days before a release will be ready.

goathead82

First Post
v1.3.0 Update! We have monsters!

DM Minion 5E v1.3.0 has been released!

Monsters from MM are now available in the database
Fixed images on combat to be less flickery
Fixed some bugs with attack resolutions
Added XP to monster maintenance screen
Fixed bug where battle log would not log immune message
Fixed bug where adding weapons with no properties would cause a crash
Added version indicator to tools screen.

Available for android and desktop now.
IPad coming soon.

goathead82

First Post
"Your device isn't compatible with this version" :(

It's an LG3 if that's any help. Sad. This looks like an awesome product.

WampusCat43, the app only runs on tablet sized devices. There is simply to much data to display on the screen in the way we want for it the app to run well on phone size devices. You can download the desktop version on mac or windows for free on our website.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads