• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

DM Screen errata up!

MerricB

Eternal Optimist
Supporter
Wizards has been very quick and posted the Errata to the upcoming DM's Screen - you print it out and paste over the Skill DC table.

I'm very impressed by their prompt attitude to errata with 4e, even if I'm not sure what they're doing with the skill DCs. :)

Cheers!

Kzach

Banned
Banned
So let me get this straight.

They knew at least a month ago that the Skill Challenge system was broken and had decided to review and change it through errata.

The DM's Screen isn't due out for another two weeks.

So in the past six plus weeks, they couldn't have changed the print-run to reflect the errata?

I consider this yet another fail, not a success. Pasting bits over a DM screen I have to pay for is not a good thing.

jdrakeh

Front Range Warlock
So let me get this straight.

They knew at least a month ago that the Skill Challenge system was broken and had decided to review and change it through errata.

So in the past six plus weeks, they couldn't have changed the print-run to reflect the errata?

I consider this yet another fail, not a success. Pasting bits over a DM screen I have to pay for is not a good thing.

I have to agree. While errata is good, if you have the opportunity to fix something prior to print, you do it (or should do it). Now, perhaps they didn't have the opportunity, but even as a generally pro-WotC guy, I'm skeptical. Six weeks is quite a bit of time.

charlesatan

Explorer

Printing and distributing takes time, especially in the quantities WotC orders them. I'd say it takes more than two weeks and I wouldn't be surprised if the actual DM Screens are now now in the WotC Warehouses being packaged and readied for shipment. (Remember, the hardcopy PHB was available as early as May.)

Printing and distributing takes time, especially in the quantities WotC orders them. I'd say it takes more than two weeks and I wouldn't be surprised if the actual DM Screens are now now in the WotC Warehouses being packaged and readied for shipment. (Remember, the hardcopy PHB was available as early as May.)

This. I can assure you that six weeks is not a lot of time when it comes to publishing and distributing, at least on a level like WotC's.

Echohawk

Shirokinukatsukami fan
So in the past six plus weeks, they couldn't have changed the print-run to reflect the errata
Judging from the "at the printer" news snippets from the WotC web site in days gone by, no. I believe that most of their products are sent to the printer at least 60 days before the release date.

Jan van Leyden

Adventurer
For those interested, I gave a run-down of the screen over on the WotC message boards under the screen name Baron von Bomberg: http://forums.gleemax.com/showthread.php?p=16399038#post16399038.

And yes, it takes a long, long time to print and distribute such a thing. In this process the actual printing is only the very first step - okay, after producing the printing plates. Mounting, packaging and distributing so that all retailers get their copies before the street day is not done within one week. Clever guys that they are, WotC also calculates some buffer time - as can be seen from the messages that stores have their copies a week before the street day.

Huldvoll

Jan van Leyden

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads