• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

DM Tools

Arlough

Explorer
Another one that I have come to love is roll20.net.
It works well as a replacement for maptool (VTT), Skype/Hangout etc. (video chat), softrope (ambient sounds & effects), and roller. I use it in conjunction with Obsidian Portal to keep a record of the game so far. Though, I usually out-source the session notes part of that to a player for a bonus action point.
I also have a number of tools created on Google Docs, but we haven't really needed to use them for a while.

L3V3L9

First Post
Actually, I've been working on an iOS app for GMs during the last year or so (on and off.. job, kids).. The app covers the aspects of mapping, encounters info and... game soundtrack :)
It is not complete yet, but I'll post a screencast soon..
I've been using/testing it with my group for some time now and I find it very helpful.
I could use some help with beta testing.. I have an iPhone4 and an iPad2 - need 2-3 testers with iPhone4s, 5 and iPad mini perhaps..

Cheers,
Ithai

LeStew

Explorer
I could use some help with beta testing.. I have an iPhone4 and an iPad2 - need 2-3 testers with iPhone4s, 5 and iPad mini perhaps..

I have an iPad Mini and would be honored to help with beta testing. Just let me know. App sounds awesome BTW!!!

L3V3L9

First Post
LeStew - That's great, thanks.
I've up'ed a screencast so you can see if it works with your GMing style.
youtube.com/watch?v=ckICXpDPDEc
In the meantime, I'll figure out how to enable beta testing via the app store..

j3x

First Post
Hi Eronian,

i was looking for similar tools, but i was unable to find something simple and free. So i created one. Its called RPG Tracker (www . rpgtracker . net). Its still in beta, but im using it on every D&D sessions we have, trying to find bugs and looking for improvements :D

Last edited:

Ferghis

First Post
i was looking for similar tools, but i was unable to find something simple and free. So i created one. Its called RPG Tracker (www . rpgtracker . net). Its still in beta, but im using it on every D&D sessions we have, trying to find bugs and looking for improvements :D

I've been looking for a 4e condition, effect and init tracker for a very long time, and I got my hopes up when I saw this. But I don't see a space for conditions on the ONLY image on the site. It seems like the bloodied condition is tracked via HP, so players can't run it either. Sadly, I don't think this will do for me, at least in its current state. Not that I have any great alternatives to suggest, though...

BTW, why did you space out the url, so folks had to delete the spaces to get to it? You don't have an email address on the site or anything.

Remove ads