• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

DMG2 Riding Boots, prereq feats, and the CW Cavalier PrC

Kershek

Sci-Fi Newshound
Oates said:
If you are building up to this PrC then why do you not have the feats to begin with....

The boots allow Ride-By attack.....IF you have spirited charge then you get an additional bonus.

I like items such as these... gives use of a feat. If you have the feat tree then you get an extra bonus....cool :D
I spent the other feats on other things: Celestial Bloodline (he's an Aasimar), Pious Soul, and Leadership (since we're a party of 3 and without a cleric).

Artoomis

First Post
Patryn of Elvenshae said:
*snort*

*chuckle*

*guffaw*

Sorry - I couldn't help myself. :D

This is not the same thing as saying you effectively have the feat. :) That's an entirely different matter. :confused:

Artoomis

First Post
Kershek said:
I spent the other feats on other things: Celestial Bloodline (he's an Aasimar), Pious Soul, and Leadership (since we're a party of 3 and without a cleric).

Hard luck then, eh? No Cavalier for you. At least not yet... perhaps later, and into epic levels.

Eloi

First Post
A Paladin *could* skip this feat.. but it would be incredibly dangerous to leave oneself open like this for long, and the Paladin would almost certainly earmark their next feat to "fill in the gap" in their training.

Does the character do other perilous things like not fill their waterjugs before leaving on a journey, go underground without bringing food, rope or a light source, wear plate mail on shipboard when at sea, flirt with Succubi, or put on unidentified rings and leap off of cliffs?

Oates

First Post
Kershek said:

A pious soul cavalier....hmmm.... of course when I think of cavaliers, I think about the musketeers...<looks at well bosomed wench and says " how you dooin'>

Borlon

First Post
Artoomis said:
No, you don't have the feat. You have the effects of the feat, not the same thing.

The requirement is NOT that you be able to do all the thing in the Ride-By Attck feat, it's that you actually HAVE the ride-by attack feat.

But isn't it the case that one of the effects of a feat is qualifying for prerequisites that look for that feat?

Or is qualifying for a prerequisite not an effect? ;)

Remove ads