• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

DMs are too easy on their players

Numion

First Post
Edena_of_Neith said:
Incidentally, I hope that the challenge is created in the appropriate ENWorld forum soon.

This thread is ... how would I say this? ... totally wrecked?

I hope Waldorf is still around to see this challenge through. I don't know if to root for ENWorlds own, Edena, or for Waldorf. I kinda wish to see Edena's ass nuked, but Waldorf seems even more munchkinny (if that's possible) than Edena.

Flynn

First Post
shilsen said:
I think most people here would regard leveling up that way (what Numion described Edena as doing) as significantly not legit. I may have misunderstood how you were doing it, of course, but it sounds like playing a bunch of different PCs and leveling a single high level PC up whenever any of the others leveled.

The only official rules I've seen where leveling one character levels another in your character tree is in Dark Sun, and you can't level an offline character any higher in level than the current in-game character's character level.

I'd love to see the reference (including page number) for the system that Edena is using, just so I can see how this is possible under the RAW. If it's a house rule, I can't say nothing about that, and it's as legit as the DM with the house rule wants it to be. Can't argue with that. Your table, your rules, and all that jazz.

With Regards,
Flynn

Edena_of_Neith

First Post
VirgilCaine said:
[monster truck match announcer voice]

SUNDAY SUNDAY SUNDAY!!!

DEATHMATCH DEATHMATCH DEATHMATCH!

WALDORF VS. EDENA!

THE BIGGEST FIGHT EVAR!?!?!?!?

KIDS TICKETS STILL JUST $5 $5 $5!!!

SUNDAY SUNDAY SUNDAY!!!

[/monster truck match announcer voice]

Let Virgil run Waldorf.
It won't be the really real Waldorf, but it'll be satisfying squashing the substitute (clone?) :D

EDIT: Will be watching for Virgil to create the appropriate thread on the Talking the Talk Forum.

Last edited:

VirgilCaine

First Post
Edena_of_Neith said:
VirgilCaine, get a thread going in the appropriate forum! Let's have that fight. You've thrown down the gauntlet, and I'm picking it up.
Edena accepts the challenge. Time to smite Waldorf down once more!

[heavy french accent]

Edena, Edena, Edena...you have confused messenger and message. I am neither able nor willing to participate in such a challenge. It is not in my blood, as they say. Someone else will have to provide you with your mathermatical orgy, I am afraid.

I bid you adieu.

[/heavy french accent]

Edena_of_Neith

First Post
Well then, don't advertise a challenge if you're not ready for a challenge!
If you're going to issue a challenge, better be prepared for battle! :)

Since *you* won't play Waldorf, Virgil, is there anyone who will?

EDIT:

IC:

Edena, upon hearing that Waldorf has backed down from the challenge, sneers and snickers, then returns to his studies.

Last edited:

shilsen

Adventurer
Edena_of_Neith said:
Well then, don't advertise a challenge if you're not ready for a challenge!
If you're going to issue a challenge, better be prepared for battle! :)

It didn't sound like VirgilCaine was issuing a challenge. He was just making a joke about Edena and the semi-mythical Waldorf.

After all, this kind of thing is effectively two people going "my imaginary friend can beat up your imaginary friend", so it's a little hard to take seriously ;)

phindar

First Post
Ah yes, but my imaginary friend is a dinosaur. With, a chainsaw. Nature's most perfect killing machine. (He also has claymore mines for eyes, and... well, this is turning out much sillier than I intended.)

Edena_of_Neith

First Post
Actually, Erik Mona might have the right to play the really real Waldorf. For it was Dragon Magazine that finally declared Waldorf dead, so Dragon Magazine could declare him resurrected for this purpose. (Or ... could they? In this particular matter of ethics, I cannot really say.)
Perhaps they could contact the player of Waldorf, and obtain his permission to use the character?

Not that I'm expecting any such thing. Just musing.

I do remember picking up those issues of Dragon Magazine, and watching the Waldorf uproar go on for more than a year.
It is a shame we did not have e-mails back then. It would have made for an uproarious time online. But we didn't ... everyone had to use regular mail. :(

But heh, you don't want an Edena versus Waldorf fight anyways. Because after Edena won, he'd gain another level for it, and then he'd be 162nd level, and ... :)

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads