• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

DnD 3.5 (Eberron) Elemental Evil, the Return

Lobo Lurker

First Post
Return to the Temple of Elemental Evil
Setting: Eberron

The Setup: 150 miles southwest of the small but notable trading town of Ardev, at the foot of the Graywall Mountains that form the Droaam/Braeland border nestles a small settlement with a long and dark history. This unremarkable village, called Hommlet, witnessed the growth of one of the greatest centers of corruption in the world would never know: the Temple of Elemental Evil.

Hommlet is a small town with a population of just under one thousand. Only twenty years ago, it was a hamlet of around one hundred people, although even then most folk referred to it as a village. Since that time, the town has enjoyed unprecedented peace and prosperity. This is the place where you grew up. This is the place you left when the recruiters came and bid you to fight in the Last War.

The town is not ruled by a mayor or a town council as many others are. Instead, two veterans of the Last War called Rufus and Burne have been granted control of Hommlet and its lands by the powers that be for actions that they undertook during the War and against the Temple of Elemental Evil all those years ago. Most folks don’t see them as rulers, however, simply referring to the pair as the towns “elders,” giving them the respect that they have earned. Few grumble when it comes time to pay their taxes to the two lords. Most everyone appreciates the protection Rufus and Burne’s soldiers provide, as well as the role the two played in the downfall of the Temple of Elemental Evil (and the threats they have had to overcome, namely incursions from Droaam, to protect the town during the latter days of the Last War as well).

The Twist: Your group is a semi-well known group of adventurers who grew up in the Hommlet area. You’ve spent the last 2 months in a Kaarnathi prison due to a frame up during your last job, excavating some ancient medusa ruins in along the Kaarnath/Mhor border. Not only were you thrown in prison for thefts you did not commit, but all your choice gear and loot were stolen by your arch-rivals Tithian di’Denith and his Jade, an adventuring group with whom you maintain a fierce but largely bloodless rivalry. Your group has recently returned home to visit family and regroup (i.e., pick up your old adventuring equipment). It will be good to see the old town as you haven’t really been there since the end of the Last War.

First Game Post Here!!!

The Rules: Obviously, all PCs will start the game knowing each other; most grew up near each other as well. Likely, you fought in the Last War together. That said; don’t let this requirement keep you from making the character you want.

Code:
[FONT=Tahoma][COLOR=Orange][b]# of Players: [/b] 6
[b]Starting Level:[/b] 4
[b]Starting Wealth:[/b] Lvl 1 starting wealth (max).
[b]Starting Hit Points:[/b] Maximum possible for levels 1-4; 
     50% of hit die + CON modifier afterward.
[b]Starting Attributes: [/b]Roll 4d6, discard the lowest; 
     [i]these will be modified prior to play as a way of “leveling 
     the playing field” so to speak[/i]. ;) Please post the link to [url=www.invisiblecastle.com]Invisible Castle[/url] 
     where you rolled the dice (note, if you don’t have a total 
     +5 in attribute modifiers, you can re-roll; just leave a link 
     to the previous poor roll).[/COLOR][/FONT]
Classes may come from any WotC source, just run the non-core stuff by me first.

As part of Character Creation, please include the following:
* 2 items that were stolen from you by the Jade Dragoons when you were arrested; these items can be specific or general, at your discretion (EX: The Trafalgar family sword, a +1 flaming mithril longsword with a single edge and a curved tip, inscribed with draconic runes along its cutting edge; or, The Trafalgar family sword, magical blade).
* An exploit where your adventuring group showed up the Jade Dragoons (no more than a few sentence please).
* An exploit where the Jade Dragoons showed up your adventuring group Dragoons (no more than a few sentence please).
* A short, three-sentence description of the Jade Dragoon who irritates you the most (make one up).

Code:
[FONT=Tahoma][COLOR=Orange][b][u]House Rules[/u]:[/b]
1. Eberron’s Action Point System as this is an Eberron game.
2. Earn [b]1 feat per level[/b] rather than at every 3rd level.
3. [b]WILL[/b] saves are modified by [b]CHARISMA[/b] not Wisdom.
4. Instead of getting +1 to a single attribute at levels 4, 8, 12, 16 
     and 20 you get [b]+1 to TWO attributes[/b].
5. [u]Condensed Skills[/u]:
- Balance + Tumble = [b]Acrobatics[/b]
- Climb + Jump + Swim = [b]Athletics[/b]
- Listen + Search + Spot = [b]Notice[/b]
- Hide + Move Silently = [b]Stealth[/b]
- Disable Device + Open Lock = [b]Disable Device[/b]
- Disguise + Bluff = [B]Bluff[/B][/COLOR][/FONT]
Please keep the following in mind:
1. Good characters please. I want do-gooder heroes.
2. Be able to post Wed - Sat, at least once per day (more hopefully).
3. Please let me know which of the party slots that you're shooting for.
ROGUE'S GALLERY HERE!!!

Last edited:

Mithran

First Post
I'd love to try and play in an RttToEE game again (Never actually got anywhere previously, so don't worry about OOC knowledge. ;)) That said, I don't have any Eberron books. If that's alright, I'm interested in joining up. I'd love to play in a party with a cooperatively built past like you seem to be going for.

Autumn

First Post
Did I hear Eberron AND RttToEE?

I've wanted to play this module since forever, and Eberron is my favorite setting by a mile. I'll work up a character for this asap. :)

Lobo Lurker

First Post
Mithran said:
I'd love to try and play in an RttToEE game again (Never actually got anywhere previously, so don't worry about OOC knowledge. ;)) That said, I don't have any Eberron books. If that's alright, I'm interested in joining up. I'd love to play in a party with a cooperatively built past like you seem to be going for.
No worries. :) The only thing that Eberron adds are new races, integrated psionics and action points.

Remove ads