• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

DnD 3.5 The Wonders of Syrael [closed!]

penance

First Post
As far as Stat generation, I would say (3d6)*6 and then allocate to the stats you want, is my 'preferred' method. As long as you use some kind of random generation and the charachter isnt overpowered, it shouldnt be a problem. (note that even if you 'did' randomly roll those 4 18's, i may have to nerf them just a bit. :D)

Rhun

First Post
penance said:
As far as Stat generation, I would say (3d6)*6 and then allocate to the stats you want, is my 'preferred' method. As long as you use some kind of random generation and the charachter isnt overpowered, it shouldnt be a problem. (note that even if you 'did' randomly roll those 4 18's, i may have to nerf them just a bit. :D)

Just curious...most PBP use point-buy. :D

Post Life Entity

First Post
Hmm, whether its allowed or not the concept of... hmm, do you want character concepts here or emailed? I find that keeping everything in the thread keeps me organized.

Click for my concept:[sblock] I envision a young woman rising above her humble roots and ultra orthodox family to forge her own destiny. With all the political upheaval being practically written on the wall, she decides to make her own bid for glory. This young lady will live on the edge of her sword and will seek glory whenever possible.
Personality: Arrogant, Pragmatic and Ambitious.
Character Flaws: Always sees the worst in people. No respect for traditions.

Personal Code:
1) Won't help those who refuse to help themselves.
2) Cannot abide slavery or tyranny BUT see #1.
3) Will go out of her way, and risk life and limb, for those who choose to forge their own ways in the world.[/sblock]

penance

First Post
Either way works; im a great multi-tasker. primarialy, i posted my email so you could add me to MSN, if you wish.

Interesting concept, what class are you thinking? fighter? rouge? fighter/rouge? :D

lol. hmmmm.... my mind is already swimming with plot advancers. Excellent.

Rhun

First Post
penance said:
I've heard of this 'point-system' and to be quite honest, I have absolutely no idea what that means. :D

Really? Everyone's doing it! :D (I think it is an option in the DMG)

Basically, it works as follows:

All stats start as an 8.
You spend points to increase each stat, according to the following table:

09 - 1 point
10 - 2 points
11 - 3 points
12 - 4 points
13 - 5 points
14 - 6 points
15 - 8 points
16 - 10 points
17 - 13 points
18 - 16 points

Generally, most DMs seem to use either a 28 or 32 points when going with this method. A few use less, and some use more.

penance

First Post
bah! its the dice for me. :p those type of stat generation lead themselves too much to 'this is my mathamatically calculated stat configuration!' in my humble opinion, so my earlier comment stands. :D

Rhun

First Post
penance said:
bah! its the dice for me. :p those type of stat generation lead themselves too much to 'this is my mathamatically calculated stat configuration!' in my humble opinion, so my earlier comment stands. :D

Not a problem. I actually despised point-buy until I had to start using them all the time. Dice rolling is always good, too, though!

Post Life Entity

First Post
penance said:
Either way works; im a great multi-tasker. primarialy, i posted my email so you could add me to MSN, if you wish.

Interesting concept, what class are you thinking? fighter? rouge? fighter/rouge? :D

lol. hmmmm.... my mind is already swimming with plot advancers. Excellent.
Fighter, most likely. Though I could see making a case for a barbarian if you allowed the Whirling Frenzy option from Unearthed Arcana.

Here's an idea:

A Druid who frankly doesn't give a damn about the throne, but has come to the conclusion that Syrael needs him to keep an eye on a few people. Perhaps, say, the PCs. NG and impatient with the current shortcomings of the dictates of the Wise Ones. (Not above blasting someone who deserves it.)

His name is Seluhalan Belerman-Ard'Isso, but he calls himself Luhal and does his best to stay the hell away from his parents.

(Arvol Belerman, the father, is a retired mercenary captain who bought his way into genteel society. Authoritarian LN type, 6 levels Aristocrat, 6 levels Fighter, quietly pissed about his eldest son frittering his life away with Green nonsense, especially with the contest now open to everyone. Nenimewo Ard'Isso is a self-and-kids-centered N sort, a half-elf with 8 levels of an arcane version of Adept. They are intended as hinderences rather than assets.)

Luhal tends to be short, stocky, and dressed like a savage. He has a wolf named Carper as a companion (or Bright-Tooth if you speak wolf).

-Albert

Remove ads