• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

DnD 3.5 - Valley of the Dead

Myth and Legend

First Post
Don't worry i'm not going to smack you guys across the hand for good roleplaying :) Plus you are all smart enough to catch the subtle hints that give away NPC power levels.

IC updated! Also, for Lazarus's plate, i can give you an example that i have sen personally. Here are the photos i took in the Royal Armories in Leeds last fall. I know they are of poor quality but i had nothing better to shoot with at the time: http://img203.imageshack.us/gal.php?g=imgp1452.jpg

Last edited:

Theroc

First Post
Myth, I hope this isn't too nitpicky, but I'm curious. What about Alevyth caused Ferviel to identify him as a Paladin? The fact that he invoked Helm's name? I don't really mind, since it's minor and he doesn't hide his allegiance, though he doesn't actively say, "I'm a Paladin" He'd say, "I share a Paladin's gifts" Since he doesn't know the source of his Divine gifts yet. It's either Helm, or Ilmater, or both.

Edit:
Also, just realized I wrote my attack calculations assuming that I was not shapechanged. I'd need to add +1 to melee attack and damage rolls for the +2 strength from Morphic Body, not major now, but something I'll need to try and remember for later.

Last edited:

Myth and Legend

First Post
He was referring to Lazarus ordering his men to interfere. Alevyth is just a lad right now for them. Also, yes the critical hit was important, more or less the NPC is out on the floor but do remember these bonuses next time.

Theroc

First Post
He was referring to Lazarus ordering his men to interfere. Alevyth is just a lad right now for them.
Ah, alrighty then, curiousity satisfied.

Also, yes the critical hit was important, more or less the NPC is out on the floor but do remember these bonuses next time.

Right. Mind if I make a notation of Morphic body in my attack/damage descriptions to account for Morphic body?

Myth and Legend

First Post
Go ahead i have to do the final approval anyawy. BTW ethandrew good RPing! I really like the snide remarks. That "all praise Lathander" was spot on!

I don't want you guys to feel dragged towards a plot, Ferviel was the only NPC there with Spellcraft other than the Wizard (who doesn't give a damn anyway). Also, Ferviel is directly involved in the matters and wants things to progress smoothly.

It's just that he was designed as a strong and no-bull type of man. You probably would not have gotten to talk to him on this day had you not cast the spell :) So yeah, this is not a plot hook where i bully you guys in to some action because the NPCs are tough, even though i would have assumed so if i were in your place.

Waiting for Voda and i move the story forward, but if it doesn't happen tonight you will have to wait until the same time tomorrow as i'll be busy all day running around tonw, and then afterwards going to meet a friend.

Theroc

First Post
Always interesting to see someone praised for being a jerk. :p

All in good fun though. I do believe Alevyth owes Latham an eye gouge though. Or maybe just a punch to the gut. lol

Alevyth's RG entry's been updated with a "(+3 while shapechanged)" clause in the relevant places.

ethandrew

First Post
I'm not feeling pigeon-holed at all here, Myth, so don't worry. Latham could always grab Keht and dimension door out of there, so right now he's just going with the flow until it's not fun anymore.

Theroc - just wait til our characters start traveling together! I'm sure it'll be the time of their lives!

EDIT: I actually noticed that my Save versus Enchantment DCs were 1 lower. They should be as follows:

10 (base) + 7 (Int mod) + 1 (Spell Focus) + 1 (Greater Spell Focus) + n (Spell Level)

So Level 1 would be 20 DC, level 9 a 28 DC. I had them at 19-27. The RG has been updated.

Last edited:

Theroc

First Post
I'm not feeling pigeon-holed at all here, Myth, so don't worry. Latham could always grab Keht and dimension door out of there, so right now he's just going with the flow until it's not fun anymore.
I'm not feeling pigeonholed either. I got to stab someone! ;) But it appeared to me like something unexpected happened and you rolled with it, moreso than you railroading us or anything. Besides, we all have to meet up sometime, at least, I think we do.
Theroc - just wait til our characters start traveling together! I'm sure it'll be the time of their lives!

lol, yeah. Should be interesting, though I think Alevyth will at least try to play nice, since he's supposed to endure the suffering of others, not inflict suffering on those who deserve it(unless he thinks hurting Latham would help the innocent or ease the suffering of others... ;) )

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads