• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

DnD 3.5 - Valley of the Dead

Myth and Legend

First Post
Uh yeah, RL with it's stupid money, work, etc. etc. I wish someone would pay me to tell good stories. Wait! That's what successful writers are, now i remember why i want to be a writer :)

BTW partial update, I do feel that this point of the story needs to be written in dynamic dialogue between PCs and NPCs, so i will update the faster posters when i see the need.

Theroc

First Post
Heh, Adelaide's reverie over Lazarus made me realize I'd assumed he was a relatively older man, not in the same 'bracket' as I assumed Adelaide and Alevyth were in. I checked the world info you put in Plot's and Places, and discovered nothing... I'll just skim over the Lazarus parts in the IC for now... ;)

But if you could give me any more information to weave into future posts, that would be awesome, M&L

Myth and Legend

First Post
Your crafty DM only gives out information on visual appearance when one of your characters looks at a NPC long enough. Check the world details, everything is there (i updated it earlier today). Lazarus is around fourty, an accomplished hero and still a handsome man.

It is nothing unusual for a younger lass to fall for an older man, especially one who has proven his worth and holds a place in the world. You will all be able to observe Lazarus's appearance inside, that is, unless Alevyth takes a good look at him as he enters the Cathedral. If you want to do that, post in the IC and roll a spot check for me.

Theroc

First Post
Well, I was assuming Alevyth would see him when he was speaking(I hadn't thought to worry too much about those NPC's specifically until I was dealing with them). But I think atm I'll just wait until we get inside for a closer look.

And I suppose you're right about the age thing, though I think it's likely more common before than now(except I suppose those who don't show their age much at all, which is probably possible for a Paladin of yore).

Just was something that struck me at that time, and realized I didn't have any info at all really, and was wondering if more would have been available to my PC. If not, that's fine, I'll find out later.

Myth and Legend

First Post
Only Senslar would have been able to get a good look at him, from below at least. Alevyth was standing against the wall on the opposite side of the square. From there he can only see Lazarus's signature gold encrusted armour. Then, he entered the fray, got blinded, and now that he can see, Lazarus is just entering the Cathedral. Makes sense?

Theroc

First Post
Only Senslar would have been able to get a good look at him, from below at least. Alevyth was standing against the wall on the opposite side of the square. From there he can only see Lazarus's signature gold encrusted armour. Then, he entered the fray, got blinded, and now that he can see, Lazarus is just entering the Cathedral. Makes sense?

Yep, wasn't sure if he would have gotten a slightly better look as he entered the fray or not. Anyways, was just checking. Enjoying the pace we've got going too. Used to waiting a day or so between replies(which isn't necessarily bad), while I've way too much free time on my hands sometimes.

Myth and Legend

First Post
BTW regarding Adelaide, you will see the finer points to her personality once you get to know her. She is the daughter of a famous warrior (hence the Swiftblade surname), who always wanted a son. She took on paladinhood in hopes of gaining her father's approval. Now she subconsciously sees her father in Lazarus, hence her affection. But that's all a spoiler i probably should not have given you :)

Theroc

First Post
BTW regarding Adelaide, you will see the finer points to her personality once you get to know her. She is the daughter of a famous warrior (hence the Swiftblade surname), who always wanted a son. She took on paladinhood in hopes of gaining her father's approval. Now she subconsciously sees her father in Lazarus, hence her affection. But that's all a spoiler i probably should not have given you :)

Heh, yeah. I'll try to keep that from coloring my replies, though Swiftblade did seem a very unusual surname... and partly why Alevyth commented on it in the IC thread. Anyways, Alevyth's got his little 'secrets' for NPCs(and the other PCs!) to learn about him too, if he decides he doesn't think they'll become a raving lunatic when he shows he's not human.

Myth and Legend

First Post
Waiting for Kye, Peth and Senslar so i can update. I probably won't have the time to do so until tuesday, so today would be a good time for you guys to post.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads