D&D 3E/3.5 DnD Cartoon Characters: 3e (long)

DnDChick

Demon Queen of Templates
Since they seem to be such a success here, d'ya think I should cross-post this to the Rogues Gallery forum? :)

Kaptain_Kantrip

First Post
FYI: DnDChick! Did you know many of these characters had full stat write-ups in "Sleepy Dragon Inn", a Basic D&D NPC gallery accessory (but better than AD&D 1e's "Rogue's Gallery"). The stats might be different than in "Quest for the Heartstones," but would still be considered "official." Kelek, WarDuke, Strongheart, etc., were all in there, minus the main heroes, Venger and DM from the cartoon but with a bunch of the cartoon's minor heroes and villains. You should check it out; unfortunately, I no longer have my copy. :(

jester47

First Post
I think dungeon master would fall under the description of 20th level halfling sorcerer with a couple of epic levels.

He just looks like a halfling. And in one of the episodes venger becomes "hector the halfling." This might be his original form before he turned to evil. Being evil he realises that the halfling appearance would not be as intimidating as that of a fiend.

Aaron

Kaptain_Kantrip

First Post
jester47 said:
I think dungeon master would fall under the description of 20th level halfling sorcerer with a couple of epic levels.

He just looks like a halfling. And in one of the episodes venger becomes "hector the halfling." This might be his original form before he turned to evil. Being evil he realises that the halfling appearance would not be as intimidating as that of a fiend.

Aaron

Dungeon Master always seemed more like a gnome to me; he is full of annoying tricks and riddles, after all. :D

Simon Magalis

First Post
I think that at the time, Dungeon Master was probably supposed to be a Halfling (if he was intended to be anything at all) because Gnomes always looked like little jolly Dwarves. Given the more modern take on these races though, I think he is much better represented as a Gnome now.

Henry

Autoexreginated
Dungeon Master - one off-the-wall opinion...

I have a feeling we have NO clue as to what he was supposed to be, because the writers didn't, either.

In 3E, a gnome wizard might be the best explanation.

Or, here's a funky take: How about Dungeon Master as a 20th level Gnome Bard? Instead of music, he used cryptic riddles and statements for all of his magic. (Remember that whole "evil energy is just like good energy... change it's direction..." bit from one episode?Sounded like a counterspell coupled with some sort of imprisonment spell.)

Klaus

First Post
Excellent work, DnDChick!

Here are my two cents:

Presto's hat should substitute any material component he ever needs, but otoh, he's required to use somatic and verbal components (i.e., it gives him Eschew Materials but forbids him from using Silent or Still Spells).

Eric's Armor is a Half-Plate, not a Breastplate (eric had chainmail sleeves and leggings, and a Brestplate has leather sleeves and leggings/skirt).

Anyone would like to see a 3e visual interpretation of these characters, like the one I did for the He-Man bunch over at my site?

Remove ads