do giants exist in dark sun?

Mark Hope

Adventurer
According to the Second Edition AD&D MC 12 Dark Sun Monstrous Compendium Appendix, there were three types of Athasian Giants; Desert, Plains, and Beast head.

There were actually four types :)

In addition to those already mentioned, there were the Crag Giants, cultural degenerates living in the region of the Last Sea. But almost nobody ever got to see them.

Klaus

First Post

In addition to those already mentioned, there were the Crag Giants, cultural degenerates living in the region of the Last Sea. But almost nobody ever got to see them.
... because the Last Sea and everything surrounding it was a bad idea to begin with.

;)

Dragonblade

Adventurer
... because the Last Sea and everything surrounding it was a bad idea to begin with.

;)

The Mind Lords of the Last Sea product was lame, but I wouldn't mind if they retrofitted the setting to add salt water oceans.

I don't like the silt sea concept for a couple reasons. First of all it gave rise to ridiculous things like silt ships with giant wheels. And if anyone fell into the silt, its insta-kill. You might as well have seas of lava.

Xyxox

Hero

One of the easiest ways to judge the basic value as gaming material of any Dark Sun product is to look at the logo.

HINT: Note the difference in the DS logo on the original campaign setting boxed set and the revised campaign setting boxed set.

;)

Wik

First Post
People have already answered the Giant question. Except, there's five versions of Giant, people. You missed Shadow Giants (who are, by the way, the sweetest of 'em all).

But, I wonder... how hard did you look before you asked the question? I mean, they're in the "monsters" section of BOTH editions of the game. And they're in both monster supplements. I just wonder where you got the idea "there are no giants in Dark Sun", even though you knew Half-Giants existed.

Also, I agree that the Silt Sea is kind of silly at times, and Silt Barges or Silt Skimmers are just not right (though at least Silt Skimmers mean you can have Dark Sun Pirate adventures!). However, Silt Storms are pretty cool - choking to death in a haze of dust = awesome.

Remove ads