do giants exist in dark sun?

The beatshead giants were smarter than human ones.
ALso there was a four armed race of "giant-kin". Forget their name off hand, about size of an ogre.

Ignore everythting after the 1st Dark Sun boxed set, bar a few products like Dune Trader
they made a total mess of the setting :/

Klaus

First Post
The Mind Lords of the Last Sea product was lame, but I wouldn't mind if they retrofitted the setting to add salt water oceans.

I don't like the silt sea concept for a couple reasons. First of all it gave rise to ridiculous things like silt ships with giant wheels. And if anyone fell into the silt, its insta-kill. You might as well have seas of lava.
Silt skimmers not cool? That's un-possible, they were designed by Brom!

:D

I'd have the Sea of Silt be actually a giant stretch of salty marsh. It glitters with the hint of water, but it's still undrinkable, and only serves to torment Athasians further.

pneumatik

The 8th Evil Sage
I'd have the Sea of Silt be actually a giant stretch of salty marsh. It glitters with the hint of water, but it's still undrinkable, and only serves to torment Athasians further.
Even salty water can be distilled using nothing more than the sun to power it. It's slow and inefficient, but the brown age has lasted for a king's age of king's ages, so people have had plenty of time to set up a system to produce clean water.

Now, replacing the water with something like oil or tar this isn't water-based at all could be interesting. Maybe not something flammable, or at least not very flammable, though.

Klaus

First Post
Even salty water can be distilled using nothing more than the sun to power it. It's slow and inefficient, but the brown age has lasted for a king's age of king's ages, so people have had plenty of time to set up a system to produce clean water.

Now, replacing the water with something like oil or tar this isn't water-based at all could be interesting. Maybe not something flammable, or at least not very flammable, though.
Saltwater, yes. But I'm talking salty "mud", in essence.

Remove ads