• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Do we really need Monkeys?

Jupp

Explorer
C'mon without monkeys you never will be able to run that swashbuckling piratey campaign with an island full of monkeys and that tremendously large hidden treasure guarded by that undead pirate....that really would be a sad thing...

jonesy

A Wicked Kendragon
Gez said:
I'm quite happy for them to occur in an African setting, but for a typical fantasy setting I am sorely tempted to get rid of them as an option.
For some reason the default monkey is an african stereotype. Why not separate them into macaques, baboons, guenons, capuchins, marmosets, and tamarins? :D

Torm

Explorer
Evilmonkey.jpg

Chimera

First Post
Oh, c'mon man, you know it's all about the monkeys!

Great Apes, Chimpanzees, Orangutangs, Wood Monkeys, High Monkeys, Valley Monkeys, Aquatic Monkeys, Sylvan Monkeys, Sun Monkeys, Moon Monkeys, Dark Monkeys...

...oh, wait.

Sorry.

Deep Monkeys, Hill Monkeys, Mountain Monkeys, Stone Monkeys...

Oh, er, um....sorry again.

Sue Bloodbucket

First Post
Whoappa!
Nobody mentioned SCREEN MONKEYS so far...

But on the other hand: Yes we do need monkeys. Not just that awfull pack of "kriegsaffen" as the current GM on our table names those damn-hard-to-kill-apes but plain, lovely monkeys.
Imagine you hack and slash yourselves through an invasion of Kriegsaffen just to find out that the town (better: ramshackle Hamlet) you'd like to visit is ruled by a Shapeshifter Ape...
And to what end? He has (alas we will never know for sure) also Druidlvls and now you tell me what his animal compaingions are... :]
It was great fun...
---> we definetly need (even more) monkeys

regards
Sue

Nifft

Penguin Herder
Yay!

You people have made my morning. Thank you all and your deep sarcasm... and your little monkey, too.

-- N

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads