• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Do you DM?

Do you GM

• Yes I GM at least occasionally.

Votes: 350 96.2%
  • No, I exclusively (or almost exclusively) play.

Votes: 14 3.8%

Doctor DM

First Post
I GM almost ALL the time. It's funny. I ran a game with my regular weekend group for a long time, but I got really burnt out writing adventures and just kind of disenfranchised with the whole referee thing. So I decided to play and have everyone else GM. It went really badly, just not fun games, and I was forced back into my role as GM. I'm feeling good about it again, after seeing what happened with the other games. I also play in 2 other groups, but as for the main one, I'm just the GM all the time, as ruled by the group.

crazy_monkey1956

First Post
DM pretty much exclusive here. I'd like to play more but my "style" is so finicky that I have a hard time adapting to other DMs.

As for buying, not much on a slim budget. I don't buy PDFs though, mainly because I prefer something more tangible. I've been grooving on map style products here lately (Dungeon Tiles, Map Folios, and Paizo's Map Packs).

Quentin

Voadam

Legend
I guess I should say I'm a potential but unlikely buyer.

My most recent purchases included the bundle of Necromancer/Kenzer pdf modules, which included two 3.5 mega modules each taking a party from levels 1-13.

In April I plan on buying 5 old edition pdfs that I own in print, four of them modules. I also plan on buying a 3.5 module, but it is on sale and bundled with a city sourcebook.

I own a ton of EN Publishing pdfs, but I got the majority of them during the two $1 sales.

I don't see Burning Sky fitting into either of my two campaigns, one is a low tech high power level 1 Oathbound Wildwood one which I already have some campaign plots going and one is a high level (16+) planar one, although it does involve warfare and involved politics.

Burning Sky went on my huge pdf wishlist, but I haven't gotten any of them so far.

Sir Elton

First Post
Exclusive DM here. I enjoy it alot, although I'd like to play.

I deal in wildly imaginative settings. If I were playing, however, I usually seek to test the waters. Next time I play, I'll play a character that's already married (and at 16 y.o.) to test something out about the ancients. They tended to get married very early.

:)

hawkman

First Post
I'm a player first, DM second.

I enjoy my time as a player, but I inevitably want to do something different or think I can do something better, so I take over the DM's chair for a bit. Eventually I go back to playing when I need to recharge my batteries or can't put in the preptime I like to.

Arnwyn

First Post
I'm a GM almost exclusively (well, pretty much nowadays, it is exclusively). In fact, I've never been a player since the 3e era...

I am, however, not a potential buyer of that Burning Sky saga, because:
1) I hate PDFs
2) It's not reasonably adaptable to my (FR) campaign setting (after doing my reading/research).

meomwt

First Post
I'm the primary DM for our group, but one of the other players is going to be running a game. Another guy did DM, but he sucked.

Right now, I'm buying lots of odd pdf's, they are cheaper than print, even better value given the £/$ exchange rate. I'm impatiently waiting for WotBS3, as well ( I subscribed as quick as you like when I worked out the price!).

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads