• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Do you do this?

JediSoth

Voice Over Artist & Author
I definitely have genre-mood swings. The challenge I have is getting what I'm playing and writing to fall in line with what my current preference is. There's always some conflict. I'll be writing sci-fi, playing D&D, and wanting to play/explore Post-Apoc sci-fi, or I'll be writing fantasy, playing D&D, and wanting to develop sci-fi stuff. I think 2 out of 3 is the best I can hope for. My group won't tolerate me switching games on a whim, so I've started making sure I plan my campaigns short in case I suddenly lose all desire for a particular genre (as I did when I reached the end of ME3 and needed to not do ANYTHING sci-fi for several months).

Tinker Gnome

Explorer
I generally maintain my fandoms simultaneously, but I do tend to focus more heavily on one genre for a period of time. Right now I am on a bit off a Sci-Fi kick, but I still maintain a heavy interest in Fantasy and Horror. As it stands right now I am reading Isaac Asimov's Foundation and Earth, and playing Mass Effect 3. I am reading the conclusion to the Wheel of Time series, A Memory of Light, and I am reading over the Chill 2nd edition core rule book and Chill Companion and watching each new episode of Season 3 of The Walking Dead every Sunday.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads