• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Do you like edition wars?

Do you like edition wars?

• Yes! Bring it on beeyatch!

Votes: 47 24.0%
  • No, they should all be banned!

Votes: 62 31.6%
  • Meh.

Votes: 65 33.2%
  • Lemony Snickett

Votes: 22 11.2%

Dinkeldog

Sniper o' the Shrouds
I sometimes think that I'd be better off taking up fly fishing, as I won't have to deal with dozens of stupid :):):):):):):)s hounding me across the Internet if I don't use the same flies/line/reels that they do. Or pressing wildflowers. Or collecting buttons. Or anything other than playing RPGs, really. :(

Unlikely. A friend of mine was just telling me about a flamewar of epic proportions on a messageboard devoted to a breed of dogs about, get this, dog poop. Apparently there is no topic innocuous enough to innoculate against those who will take grievous offense.

Lacyon

First Post
Unlikely. A friend of mine was just telling me about a flamewar of epic proportions on a messageboard devoted to a breed of dogs about, get this, dog poop. Apparently there is no topic innocuous enough to innoculate against those who will take grievous offense.

The only solution is to cancel your internets.

Stoat

Adventurer
WHA?!?! Monty Python is like..like..like pie.

And everyone likes pie.

I had a buddy in high school who hated pie. Blueberry, pecan, chocolate, key lime, mincemeat, cherry, apple, chess, lemon meringue, whatever. He would not. eat. pie.

Also, he always wanted to play a Monk "with cerulean eyes," and he was a godawful rules lawyer, and a powergamer of epic proportions.

RFisher

Explorer
You know what? That's pretty good advice. 1 XP for you!

They say that the disadvantage of text communication is that you can misread things as more negative than the writer intended.

I say the advantage of text communication is that you can (intentionally) misread things as more positive than the writer intended.

Did I really type “Monte Python”? Some strange hybrid of a D&D 3e designer and a British television comedy troupe? u_u

WHA?!?! Monty Python is like..like..like pie.

And everyone likes pie.

I originally typed something about the illegitimate ancestry of anyone who doesn’t like Monty Python, but then I deleted it for fear that it would be misread.

Wayside

Explorer
Wayside, I quote him, just in case he's on your list. :D
Hah, of course not. By "worst offenders" I'm talking, like, near Razz-level insanity. I think Razz did end up banned, actually, but most of the comparable people hide their nonsense behind a thin veil of reasonability (or in one case, behind what I sincerely hope is only the pretense of being completely clueless, because it depresses me to think that such a person might actually exist).

Besides...if they were to straighten up and fly right, I'd never know.
You'll never know what most people have to say about most things. That's life. Even in the limited case of ENWorld, there are so many people posting that you can't read, never mind thoughtfully consider, all of what they have to say. Turning down the volume on one person just gives someone else the chance to be heard.

Brown Jenkin

First Post
Lemony Snickett

I mean really, what is the point of this poll since we know all the polls here are self selecting, non-representative, and totally worthless.

Ooops sorry,

;)

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads